Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm mtb rider for meny years, looking for long time to get road bike, i live in Jamaica and the roads here are not great to say the least, i'm also about 230 lb in a good day, and not going to be a racer,
so looking for someone that can build for me the bike i think i need : TI frame with suspension fork and disk break, the frame need to be a little stronger then ususal and few more grams are ok with me.
so first if any of you have or see something like that pleas some pics and info,
and second how do you think can build the bike for me
thanks
Poppy :confused:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeremyb said:
well-----you might have some problems finding a 700c suspension fork. You could just outfit a mtn bike with slicks...or...air down your tires for the "suspension"

jeremy
well i think with all this 29" bikes out there its just a question of time and this will not be a problen anymore
and time i have !

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
I don't think you need that much bike. 230 lbs. isn't that heavy. I think a good quality, non-lightweight steel frame and fork with 28C tires would be plenty.

If you aren't going to run full size 29er tires (i.e. 2.1" knobbies), I'd look into the possibility of running a 700C disc wheel with road tires in a 26" MTB fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.