Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
You have to cut these ebay sales companies some slack. There's no way they can be an expert on every item that people schlep into their place, so their descriptions will often sound awkward.

Also, the people who actually own the items often have no idea what it is they're putting up on auction. Think of someone completely indifferent to bicycles cleaning out a garage to settle an estate and bringing a frame to an equally uninformed ebay seller. Makes for amusing reading sometimes, I gotta admit.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
ccski003 said:
I thought this looked a little funny...
Ummm.... why? Was it stolen from your garage, or what?

But yes, one pedal is a little wierd.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
82 Posts
I don't think this is necessarily suspicious. But...

1) Based on the length given for the seat tube, it would be somewhere between at 53cm and 54cm frame. Trek made (makes) a 54cm frame, but visually it looks more like either a 56cm or 58cm frame. Ask if they will measure from the center of the crank to the top of the seattube where the collar would go.

2) The price might end up being good, but do you really want to buy a carbon frame from a place that can't even give you the history? Remember, frame warranties typically only belong to the original purchaser, and they normally don't apply if the frame was abused.

·
Registered
432 Posts
What puzzles me as well is why the brakes had been removed and left dangling. I wonder if the wheels were damaged on the bike due to a crash of some kind. Seems like someone who didn't know any better couldn't get the wheels off because they did not know brakes have a release lever. Usually anyone who knows better would have removed the other pedal as well. It makes me suspect that the other pedal was damaged in the event that also damaged the wheels. This one I would bypass for it's a crap shoot whether you get a bargain or get screwed.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
one pedal

My guess to the one pedal theory is the doofus didn't know/couldn't figure out the left pedal is left-hand threaded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts