Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the vast awareness, are there any qualified to speak to the problems I will encounter when I try to install a Coda 2X9 crank on my 8-speed 105 roadie? I anticipate shortening the chain, unless I should replace it altogether with a 9-speed chain. I know I will need a new splined BB to replace the square taper in there now. The old 105 crank is also a double, 52/39. The new Coda is a 44/29. 10-Q

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Braze-on

Rusty Coggs said:
Your front derailer cage has the wrong curvature for a 44 ring,but if you can get it low enough it may still shift. I have used a standard road FD with a 46 ring,so there is some latitude. An 8 speed chain will work, but so will a 9 speed.
The bike is a carbon tube Bianchi Vitara with a braze-on FD. Maybe I should get a couple of slightly larger rings. Any recommendations on brand?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TurboTurtle said:
A 44/29 is either 2 rings of a MTB triple or a compact. What is the bolt ring diameter. What BB spline does it take? Shimano MTB, Shimano road, ISIS, C'dale propriatory? What is 10Q?

TF
It's a Cannd EXP 2 X 9 crank for shimano splined bb, I assumed when I bought it. Didn't know Cannd had its own bb design. Quoting the King - 10-Q, 10-Q very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.