Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
I periodically stop and wipe them off with the hem of my sweat-soated jersey. It doesn't solve the problem but it does get all the streaks lined up so they're going the same way. :p

Our long club rides typically make rest stops at country stores, so I always clean my glasses while visiting the bathroom. For rides that don't have such stops, I'm going to try carrying a strip of toilet paper in a snack-size plastic bag.

· Cycle Boy
470 Posts
I sweat at the drop of a hat......but I LOVE cycling in hot weather.

I have Radars, BUT I have the lenses that have the vents on the top of the lens. This "vented" version is MONEY. It completely helps with the heat-fogging situation.

If yours are not vented this will solve your issue.

· Registered
29 Posts
AdamM said:
When it gets to be that hot I find going without glasses keeps you significantly cooler, especially when compared to riding with the large size lens that really restrict airflow over your face and eyes.
I would prefer to be a little warmer than lose an eye from flying debris....

Just my $0.02...

· Registered
339 Posts
I use the Oakley Radars, and they really do resist moisture as well as they claim. After I saw Andy Renner on Competitive Cyclist do the Sharpie test on them, I pulled mine out and did the same. It really does work. I also have Oakley M Frame Pros (Sweep Lens) and Oakley Juliets. The Radars deflect wind around the eye a tad better than the M Frames, but the moisture resistance is a lot better.

· turtle killer.
1,854 Posts
tommyrhodes said:
Grandma? Is that you? Losing an eye? You've gotta be joking
Eh, I've had rocks hit my glasses now 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I must be cursed.. or live in the desert, I'm not sure which anymore ;)

· botanical guru
213 Posts
I used my husbands Underarmour skull cap the other day. It worked great and helped keep my dome cool as it wicked away the moisture. I looked ridiculous (helmet off) but it worked, and I obviously ride with my helmet on so there was no fashion faux paux. lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.