Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Hey my hair does that through my helmet too! Cuteness squared!

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Something about that disturbes me. Yeah, it's sort of cute, but the child-like innocence is totally gone. Like he's been pushed way too hard by a parent that failed at racing and pushes their kid too hard. Either that or a kid with some serious pent up rage (in which biking may be a good outlet?). When a kid that age wins something, they should have a cute smile on their face, not look like they want to stop and stick a frame pump in the other kid's spokes as they cross the line.

I dunno, something just ain't right.

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
There was another child who was probably half this kid's age in that 'race.' We started cheering for him on the side at about mile 0.4 when he rolled past (a solid 5 minutes after the previous rider). He put his arm up in celebration, just like this kid. He held it up for a long 30 seconds while riding. Cutest. Thing. Ever.

·
Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Ummm...it looks like a kid copying something he has seen on TV and probably at the races that same day. Nothing more.

I do miss that race. I grew up in Moline and they used to race right in front of my house. There was a nasty right turn at the end of my street. Good times.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
Something about that disturbes me. Yeah, it's sort of cute, but the child-like innocence is totally gone. Like he's been pushed way too hard by a parent that failed at racing and pushes their kid too hard. Either that or a kid with some serious pent up rage (in which biking may be a good outlet?). When a kid that age wins something, they should have a cute smile on their face, not look like they want to stop and stick a frame pump in the other kid's spokes as they cross the line.

I dunno, something just ain't right.
He's got the "thousand-yard stare" lol.

//says the kid who got kicked out of optimist soccer for fighting...twice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.