Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO... i've had some swelling on one butt cheek for a bit now, right where the leg meets the arse... went to the doctor today to make sure it was nothing serious and they think its just muscle swelling from biking... put me on some anti-infalmmatory meds and told me to stay off the bike for 2 weeks...

the swelling is strange, no pain, no other issues, just a swollen area where the leg meets the butt...

wondering if anyone else out there has had similar swelling and what they did to remedy it...

i've ridden a selle italia flite saddle for years with no issues, so i'm pretty sure i'm fine in that dept... any info or ideas would be great... thansk.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
theres a lot of soft tissue there but it seems weird to me. any pain when you poke it? can you make anything in the area painful? the only thing i can think of would be poor lymph return and maybe lymphaedema.. how old are you?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
32 yrs old, no pain whatsoever... no other issues in the area at all, just feels soft and swollen... the dr. didn't think it was much, but they've told me to stay off the bike... not happy about that... iknow that cyclists have lots of issues in this region, didn't know if anyone else has had swelling like this at all...

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
I wonder if there's a possible allergic reaction too. Have you changed anything lately? Detergent, shorts, soap? Just a shot in the dark, but sometimes I hit the mark ;)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
will anything make it go down? what if you ice it? if there is an injury there would be pain and ice would make it better. not riding would also improve it. given that there isnt any pain can we assume there is no injury? i dont know, our butts arent our most sensitive areas. i say if it doesnt hurt to ride, then ride. if it swells post ride then try icing it and see if it goes down. if you mash around on it can you feel a border/wall/nodule anything?

·
Registered
1 Posts
theres a lot of soft tissue there but it seems weird to me. any pain when you poke it? can you make anything in the area painful? the only thing i can think of would be poor lymph return and maybe lymphaedema.. how old are you?

I have just acquired the same thing after riding my bikes for 2 weeks straight. Saturday was 13 MI. I did a week ago. Now with the same situation but it hurts extremely bad and very red!. I'm trying ice an ibuprofen. Any idea or help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
SO... i've had some swelling on one butt cheek for a bit now, right where the leg meets the arse... went to the doctor today to make sure it was nothing serious and they think its just muscle swelling from biking... put me on some anti-infalmmatory meds and told me to stay off the bike for 2 weeks...

the swelling is strange, no pain, no other issues, just a swollen area where the leg meets the butt...

wondering if anyone else out there has had similar swelling and what they did to remedy it...

i've ridden a selle italia flite saddle for years with no issues, so i'm pretty sure i'm fine in that dept... any info or ideas would be great... thansk.
Any solution to this- was just reading your post and have same issues - very swollen one one side no pain after a short 90 min ride

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.