Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
He made it down ok, but didn't push it. He seemed to be willing to settle for 3rd ^-^. Nice attack by the SD rider on the last peak.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Ullrich showing he's in good form. Now let's just hope he makes it down the mountain without crashing!
3rd is the new 1st!

1st: Gil -- hmm, I'll wait and see if he isn't on a list somewhere found some OBGYN's office in Madrid, I know, not fair... but I'm jaded!

2nd: Jorg -- well, I'm pretty sure Saiz didn't plan on spending that 60 000 euros on new blood for himself. Who was the Liberty-Seguros blood for? Vino? Jaksche?

3rd: Ulrich, good on him!

Philippe

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
philippec said:
Who was the Liberty-Seguros blood for? Vino? Jaksche?
Vicioso? He's reportedly one of the riders videotaped and while not able to climb with Ullrich and company he didn't climb badly, especially for a sprinter.

Kloden continues to be nowhere in the T-mobile camp while Kirchen is really impressive.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
the difference is in the eyes. eyes are made for looking out, but you can tell a good deal about someone by looking in. contrast 04 with 06. instead of blankly staring out of his skull they seem to have aquired a dangerous, almost feral, look in them. of course not being totally blown when the picture was taken probably helps as well.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
yeah, you can really tell what's up with Ulle from his eyes.

I read an interview with Graham Watson, he said basically the same thing; showed some pics of Ullrich back in his winning days, or any time he's on good form in a TT -- somehow the little chubby-cheeked, friendly Jan goes away, and Der Kaiser rips it up. When he's not feeling good, he just looks ... absent.

All the speculation, all the crap Jan's got, it seems he's timed his preparation just right. If it'll be enough to stop CSC and Basso will be epic, (or, I suppose, massively anticlimatic). Bring on le tour!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.