Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2 SRAM cassettes 12...23/25 and a 12...23/26. The cogs on the middle of the 26 are worn and I'm not getting correct shifting when I use the 12/26 cassette so it's sitting in my parts bin with a label on it. If the 25 and 26 cog can be removed, does anyone see any problem with taking the 25 cog off and replacing it with the 26 cog on the worn cassette since the larger cogs are still good as they are not used as much?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Check the spacers for the cassette. If they are the same size no reason why it should not work. Although I did not know they made a 12-26 (Campy) just a 13-26. I think Branford bike sells spacers plus single cogs and list what size spacer to use with cog combos.

You can buy cassettes cheap at probikekit.com. I just bought a 13-26 Centaur for $79.00.

If you pull that cassette apart write down the order of the spacers or you will have trouble putting it back together again. I think Campy lists the spacer location on their site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.