Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering switching from my Shimano Ultegra to Campy Chorus. I have an FSA carbon crank 53/39 and a set of custom built wheels (Dura Ace hubs, Velocity rims, Sapim race spokes) that I absolutely love. I'm figuring I need to get the Ergo levers, front and rear derailers, cassette, and chain. I was hestitant to even consider doing the switch since I thought I would need a new set of wheels or at the very least a rear hub that was set up for Campy but I understand that American Classic has a conversion cassette that will allow you to run Campy on your Shimano hubs. Just wondering if anyone has used this or if they have heard any feedback from anyone doing this with success?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The AC cassette works very well. I wouldn't worry about it. I've heard good things about the wheels manufacturing cassette as well, but I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
good choice put the shimano where it belongs, in the trash. I have only heard good things about the am classic conversion and would not be hesitant to use it if i had shimano on my bike.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
iopturbo said:
good choice put the shimano where it belongs, in the trash. I have only heard good things about the am classic conversion and would not be hesitant to use it if i had shimano on my bike.
WTF??
I'm running 5 year old Dura Ace which runs as well as it did on day one - flawlessly. This myth that one is better than the other is lame. It's like fit, it's personal. I can't get on with Campag lever hoods, but shimano are comfortable to me.

·
Registered
918 Posts
ultimobici said:
WTF??
I'm running 5 year old Dura Ace which runs as well as it did on day one - flawlessly. This myth that one is better than the other is lame. It's like fit, it's personal. I can't get on with Campag lever hoods, but shimano are comfortable to me.
all i'll say is they make a shimano to campy conversion not a campy to shimano. it is a personal choice but campy drive trains are a work of art.

·
Registered
127 Posts
euro-trash said:
The AC cassette works very well. I wouldn't worry about it. I've heard good things about the wheels manufacturing cassette as well, but I haven't tried it.
I've got a Wheels 11-25 cassette with 3200 miles that still shifts flawlessly.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
ultimobici said:
WTF??
Who in this thread said Campy was better than Shimano? Like you said, it's a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer the vague feeling plastic shifters of Shimano and others like the refined crisp feel of Campy carbon shifters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts