Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11,561 Posts
Laurent Fignewton said:
Yes. Why would anybody want this stuff: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100002508.html

If you offered pro cyclists a piece of cake, they'd look at you in horror: "the sugar & fat in that would kill me!"
If you've read Willy Voet's book about what was going on at Festina, you realize that doping isn't exactly science. A lot of it is based on nothing more than I took product A, I had a good race, therefore A makes me ride faster. That being said corticosteroids appear to be one of the foundations of any doping program (along with EPO, anabolic steroids or testosterone, and growth hormone).

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
corticosteroids

seem to help with muscle/sinew inflammation, saddle sores and a variety of ailments that slow a riders ability to race and train. If you look at the ole faithful "Pot Belge' which was morphine, cocaine and corticosteroids it makes sense. Morphine to kill the pain, cocaine to counter the 'slowing' effects of the morphine and the corticos to help with what ails ya.

· Banned
4,302 Posts
atpjunkie said:
seem to help with muscle/sinew inflammation, saddle sores and a variety of ailments that slow a riders ability to race and train. If you look at the ole faithful "Pot Belge' which was morphine, cocaine and corticosteroids it makes sense. Morphine to kill the pain, cocaine to counter the 'slowing' effects of the morphine and the corticos to help with what ails ya.
I'm going to fill my waterbottle with coffee and champagne tonite and down 5 Advils before I head out.
I wonder what this will do for my laptimes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.