Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this needs to be it's own post. If you have a syntace F99 stem, you need to check the www.syntaceusa.com website to see if you stem has been recalled. The company looks like they are responding to a cracking issue and are providing replacement stems and installation.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have one of those stems and it falls under the recall date. It was discussed in detail on the WW forum. I went to the site and couldn't open the instructions for recall. From the other forum you have to cut the stem in half and send a photo to make sure it doesn't get re-used or I guess send the stem back. Trouble is what do I do until the new stem reaches me assuming it takes even 3 or 4 weeks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Call them

geraldatwork said:
I have one of those stems and it falls under the recall date. It was discussed in detail on the WW forum. I went to the site and couldn't open the instructions for recall. From the other forum you have to cut the stem in half and send a photo to make sure it doesn't get re-used or I guess send the stem back. Trouble is what do I do until the new stem reaches me assuming it takes even 3 or 4 weeks.
Contact Syntace
[email protected]
or phone
Crystal Trout
800-448-3876 ext 233

I called last Thursday (1.19.06) and got the new stem yesterday (1.23.06). They'll send you a return envelop for your recalled stem or you can send a hack sawed photo of the stem.

·
Registered
543 Posts
DirtFace said:
Contact Syntace
[email protected]
or phone
Crystal Trout
800-448-3876 ext 233

I called last Thursday (1.19.06) and got the new stem yesterday (1.24.06). They'll send you a return envelop for your recalled stem or you can send a hack sawed photo of the stem.
Thanks I got off the phone with her about half an hour ago. I went to their site and emailed them. She responded in about 5 minutes. Great customer service.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I just finished talking to them - they make it very easy. Best part is you're allowed to purchase one new one (in addition to your free replacement) for $33. And, it's one for every one you own. I dropped $66 and now I'm covered for the next two bikes. Not bad.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Amazing service actually. I emailed and got prompt response. They ship you the stem first. WOW. I will not like sawing mine in 1/2, but oh well. They sold me a F119 for $41.
Can't beat that.

Go SYNTACE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts