Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I think that is orderable from Cannondale since they use the same bottom bracket, get the aluminum version which is made here in the U.S

· Registered
147 Posts
I just switched from the DA crank which is susposed to be less stiff than either the carbon SI crank or the original version. I switched to the SI SRM aluminum crank and I can't tell a difference is stiffness. So, unless you just like the looks of the aluminum cranks better there is really no reason for the "upgrade"

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bikerbrian said:
I just switched from the DA crank which is susposed to be less stiff than either the carbon SI crank or the original version. I switched to the SI SRM aluminum crank and I can't tell a difference is stiffness. So, unless you just like the looks of the aluminum cranks better there is really no reason for the "upgrade"
Tks for your information,
I believe the DA is stiffer than the carbon Si crank.
The C'dale carbon Si crank is made by FSA, which is much the same spec with
stock FSA crank. I tried the FSA crank before, due to stiffness issue, switched back to
DA, I felt much better. So if Si crank is supposed to be stiffer than DA, I would prefer
Si crank. :)

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tks for the inform.
I have 2 C'dale which installed with Si alum crank.
it is the best. period. So I am trying to get the system 6 frame with Si alum crank.
I think it MUST be a awesome bike.
(I wonder how does si alum crank compare with Zero gravity's new crank????)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.