Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating purchasing a System Six or Super and have never seen one close up..my question being is the down tube ovalized or is it round and do I need special tools for the Bottom Bracket and installation of the cranks. I do work in a bike shop, so have access to tools but we have had no BB30 frames come through. I currently have a 07 Giant ISP TCR..would these Cannondales be an upgrade or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The down tube on the Super SIx is oval shaped, kinda like an egg shape. The frame's down and head tubes are pretty big (large dia). I think it is an attractive bike. I believe the System SIx has a similar shape.

I am not a mechanic but do not think special tools are required for the bottom bracket. Maybe that info is available on the cdale site.

Are you looking at the hollowgram crank? It is light and quite nice. I have friends that have had problems with a creak when they come out of the saddle. I have never had a problem though.

·
Registered
579 Posts
define special...

expensive and rare? no.
but you will need the SI crank removal tool to remove the cranks. to install them, all you need is a rubber mallet for the spindle, and a 10mm all for the crank bolts (assuming the bb is installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.