Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from MTB background (a C'dale Rush owner), I know very little about road bikes, so I'd like to know if anyone rode both system six and caad and how he/she feels about the 2 frames.I know they share the same rear triangle design and probably the same geometry, but how do they perform in sprinting, comfort, etc.?

I think C'dale has a great legacy in aluminum frames and would like to start my road bike riding with one. Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
101 Posts
CAAD 9 vs System Six

I have both the CAAD 9 and Sys- Six. The System is lighter and a bit stiffer. After test riding/buying it in 07, it caused me to sell my 05 Orbea Orca frame that I just upgraded. Much stiffer and better acceleration than the 05 Orca. After much research, I replaced my Orca frame with an 08 Opal frame. Now I am getting tired rotating bikes, and think I am going to sell the System Six. Only put 1800 miles on it over the past two years. All have Sram Force and Ksyrium ES/SL wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Toona, thanks for sharing your experience. How do you feel about the comfort from CAAD 9 and System 6 respectively? I figure the system's carbon front triangle helps absorb some road chatter in the front end, but curious how it benefits the rear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have never been one to worry/complain about comfort on the bike. I just like the way they ride. But, my CAAD 9 does seem to cushion the road chatter a little better. Same wheels and Toupe saddle. The difference is in the seat post and tires. System-six has a U.S.E. Alien post and the CAAD has a Specialized with Zertz insert. System has Michelin Pro 2 tires and the CAAD 9 has Specialized Armadillo's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.