Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Cannondale System Six or Orbea Opal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading everything I could on these two bikes in search of a new frame. I'm just wondering if any one has ridden both. I have access to demo a system six at a lbs, but the closest Orbea dealer is 150 miles away and doesn't have anything. I have found a opal frame, but no system six in the paint scheme I want so I'm not pushed to deside just yet. I'm around 210 so I wanted something stiff to help with power transfer. I'd love to hear from some of you guys are far as what you thought of either or both frames. I just dont want to buy one frame and wish i had gotten the other. :confused:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've had both..

The Orbea was more comfortable, as the System Six was stiffer. I liked the geo on the Cannondale best, but the TT was a little long for me.. I like the traditional round tubes of the Cannondale.. Cannondale to me was the rocket of the two.. I now have a Lapeierre team edition Francias des Jeux.. I like it alot. Either way you can't go wrong.. Both were super light, I used Campy Chorus..

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it was Orca vs System Six I would say Orca, but seeing as though it is Opal, I would pick the Cannondale. Of course i have no experience with any of these frames. I'm just going on what I have read, but you did ask, so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.