Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reported on Pro-Cycling:

The man once known as "the Myth" appears to have resurfaced in the guise of coach to Michael Rogers, Patrick Sinkewitz and Eddy Mazzoleni. Not for much longer, say T-Mobile.

T-Mobile spokesman Christian Frommert revealed on Monday that three of the team's riders - Patrick Sinkewitz, Michael Rogers and Eddy Mazzoleni - are trained by Lance Armstrong's controversial former coach Michele Ferrari.

Frommert made the admission in Obernai before stage 2 of the Tour, in which the three named riders are all competing.

"Sinkewitz and Rogers have their training plans drawn up by Ferrari, and that's apparently the case with Mazzoleni, too," Frommert told reporters. "We want to put a stop to this and will address the issue after the Tour. The three riders have agreed to confirm in writing that they'll stop working with Ferrari in the future."

Get the full story @ Pro-Cycling.

·
Banned
923 Posts
What irony...Aren't Danielson and Popovych (at least) working with him too, despite Disco having severed all ties?

And we're supposed to believe that this peloton is clean and that Ullrich, Basso and Mancebo are the only 'bad apples' - what a farce.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Was not is....

55x11 said:
Ferrari is also a regular contributor to cyclingnews.com.
Ferrari WAS a contributor, not IS a contributor. Unlike Lance and the Postal/Disco team who lied about cutting ties to doctor dope... Cyclingnews actually did it, he has not written for them for a long time

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wasn't Ferrari vindicated in his lwasuit or trial or whatever? If so, then what's the problem? I don't care if any of these guys are seeing him. If the authorities think he is providing dope to them then mayeb they ought to try a little harder and find some evidence.

·
Banned
3,317 Posts
Dude, he wasn't vindicated. The statute of limitations ran out. He got off on a technicality. The evidence against him was overwhelming.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Bianchigirl said:
What irony...Aren't Danielson and Popovych (at least) working with him too, despite Disco having severed all ties?

And we're supposed to believe that this peloton is clean and that Ullrich, Basso and Mancebo are the only 'bad apples' - what a farce.
Savoldelli was working with him at least a decade ago. From what's in Armstrong's War Ferrari was working with the whole team at the time the author was there.

I hope everyone cuts ties with Ferrari, maybe his rates will come down enough I can afford him to be my personal coach. Maybe he would like the challenge of a kidney transplant patient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.