Andreas Klöden (Ger)
Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita)
Michael Rogers (Aus)
Lorenzo Bernucci (Ita) or
Matthias Kessler (Ger)
Giuseppe Guerini (Ita)
Sergej Ivanov (Rus)
Patrik Sinkewitz (Ger)

Seems kind of odd that T-Mobile have at least 3 guys showing good form at the moment; Sevilla (leading the Vuelta Austurias), Kirchen and Gerdemann who could be invaluable mountain domestiques for Ullrich that aren't on their TdF roster.

Is Kloden expecting an infusion of form between now and the Tour? Sinkewitz didn't do much late in the races at the TdS, were they burning him up earlier on the stages (same could be true for Kloden maybe)? Mazzoleni and Guerini should be good enough in the mountains but the rest are mostly flat land power riders. Maybe a motivated Gonchar could do some good work on the shallower mountains.

Although now that I think about it it's obvious why they aren't taking Sevilla. He could be forced out at any time if he's linked to the Fuentes affair as reported. Gerdemann is young so that makes sense. Kirchen would have seemed to earned a spot though with his performance at the TdS.

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
slightly surprised that Gerdemann isn't going, but that's probably smart thinking. By all accounts, he's the next big thing in German cycling.

IIRC Renualt did the same with LeMond when he was the same age.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
Sevilla is in hot water

too risky he may get popped in the scandal and then they lose a rider.
Sinkewitz had a great classics campaign, I'm sure he was doing races of late just to maintain some form and fitness. Kloden is a question mark but I'm sure they are more aware of how he is than we are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.