Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
marco674 said:
Hi,

I've got a Specialized Roubaix carbon bike and I'd like to purchase a Tacx home trainer for the off season. Do you guys think that it can damage my carbon frame?

Thanks!
Riding on the road is much harder on a frame than riding on a trainer. Not sure about your place but there are no potholes in my basement.

But if you use it as a bludgeon, then yeah, it can probably do some pretty mean damage.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,897 Posts
Good Call Joe

I have an old steel frame mounted on my Tacx Fortius. Weight matters not on a trainer but you don't want BB sway. I have the steering option mainly for the rock steady mounting. Drive line is old Campy Record 8 speed (still works like new) accept for the Shimano 105 front derailleur. I use the Conti trainer tire on an old factory stock wheel. There never was a front wheel or brakes. The whole thing cost about $235.00 and works as well as a real bike would only I don't have to worry about sweat and frame damage. Plus, it's there all year so if I get home late from work, I can still punch out 40 miles of Milan-San Remo, the Tour of Flanders, or whatever looks good. Beats the hell out of looking at corn fields or TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.