Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend insists there are no tail-lights made for aero seatposts, nor are there any tail-lights I can clip on to my Selle Italia SLK Lady Gel Flow saddle.

Can someone please tell me something to the contrary? :(

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
There's always a way to improvise something, if you have little mechanical ingenuity. Zip-ties are one of the greatest things ever invented for bike tinkerers (even if they were invented for electricians).

Personally, I've found all seat-post light mounts to be useless, because I always have a seatbag on my bikes. But I've always figured out a way to clip a light on the bag or elsewhere.

There are also lights that mount to the seatstay or chainstay, if you don't insist on having the light centered.

·
Registered
284 Posts
DiNotte Lighting

These guys make the absolute brightest light I have ever seen. In broad daylight they are VERY visible. It has a post mount bracket but it is trash. It comes with a long velcro strap and I just put the light under the battery pack and use the strap to put it on the bottom of my saddle bag. Works like a charm.

The DiNotte light is not cheap but as one who has been hit by a car from behind, it is worth it IMO.

If you use another light, a velco like strap to attach it to you saddle bag is dandy. Sure it moves a little side to side when you ride, but so what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.