Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
My beef with Tyler is the non-stop commercials for Transitions. Enough!

·
Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
549 Posts
I honestly think there is some correlation between the gene that controls the amount of fast twitch muscles you have and the gene that determines how much you whine. I see it in all sprinters, from cat 5 to Pro-tour, from 100m track runners to 50m swimmers.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I believe it's often a part of the 'winner's mentality': the arrogance, the idea that they can't possibly fail except due to outside circumstances, this leads to making excuses and whining.

To me it seemed Cav picked to high a gear to really spin up.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
spookyload said:
My beef with Tyler is the non-stop commercials for Transitions. Enough!
They should be happy to have sponsors. A few teams lack them and are going under for next year or their future is up in the air.

·
Registered
151 Posts
HeluvaSkier said:
...He's one of the most hyped riders in the peloton that continually fails to deliver on the hype....
What does this mean? What would have have to do to live up to the "hype?" He wins grand tour stages, he wins classics, he almost won the points jersey in the Vuelta.

Being arguably the second best sprinter in the world, with the capacity to beat the "best" sprinter in the world on occasion, isn't sufficient? What kind of hype are you talking about? Last I checked, Cav' was the "fastest in the world." Maybe he's the one who is failing to deliver on the hype. He actually loses to Farrar, head-to-head, on occasion. And we all know that Farrar sucks. So Cav' must suck too.

Some people around here seem to think that to be any good, you have to win every single race you enter.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts