1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Yep, they should be targeting the organizers, not the fellow racers.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
rogger said:
Yep, they should be targeting the organizers, not the fellow racers.
The UCI and USA cycling only have jurisdiction over the riders who took out licences with them thereby agreeing to play by their rules. Tyler was allowed to race only b/c it was a non-sanctioned event.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
The Tyler syndrome . . .

The Tyler syndrome strikes again. Everything is unfair for poor Tyler. However, the rules are the rules and if you don't like them, work to get them changed.

Moreover, let's all stop and wonder what we'd say if we discovered that Roberto Heras, another "innocent" rider, was caught racing again fellow Spanish pros in front of cheering fans in "carreras no sancionadas" (un-sanctioned races) somewhere in Spain. I'm sure that we'll all be equally horrified of the audacity and reach of the UCI.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Pablo said:
The Tyler syndrome strikes again. Everything is unfair for poor Tyler. However, the rules are the rules and if you don't like them, work to get them changed.

Moreover, let's all stop and wonder what we'd say if we discovered that Roberto Heras, another "innocent" rider, was caught racing again fellow Spanish pros in front of cheering fans in "carreras no sancionadas" (un-sanctioned races) somewhere in Spain. I'm sure that we'll all be equally horrified of the audacity and reach of the UCI.
But he's European and they're all out to get Tyler. It's a plot against America!

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
am i missing something??? UCI wants to suspend CLEAN riders, just for racing (possibly unknowingly) with a suspended rider?

so tyler can race an unsanctioned race....but nobody is allowed to race with him?

that is the most retarded thing i have ever seen.

i have to be misunderstanding that article.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
argylesocks said:
am i missing something??? UCI wants to suspend CLEAN riders, just for racing (possibly unknowingly) with a suspended rider?

so tyler can race an unsanctioned race....but nobody is allowed to race with him?

I think it's absurd too. He's not even getting paid, what does the UCI care? What kind of prime is at stake in Boulder crit anyway. A case of pepsi?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
argylesocks said:

Far fairer would be to say to TH, "Everytime you are seen racing in any race we will add a month to the date you can resume racing in UCI events"

I don't know if this is enforceable, but it would be a fairer approach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts