Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I'm 6'3", and have a long torso & arms, (37" sleeve length), but relatively short legs. I have a 60cm steel DeRosa that fits me like a $5000 custom suit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm 6'2" and ride a 59cm Litespeed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm 6'3" and I ride a 63cm ctc steel Bottecchia with a 60cm top tube and a 62cm ctc steel Merckx MX Leader with a 59cm top tube. The Bottecchia has a 115mm stem and the Merckx has a 120mm stem. I use the old school sizing method. About an inch of stand over and a fist full of seat post showing. I have about 6.5cm of seat to handlebar drop. There is room for more drop if I need it but this is comfortable.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Fivethumbs said:
I'm 6'3" and I ride a 63cm ctc steel Bottecchia with a 60cm top tube and a 62cm ctc steel Merckx MX Leader with a 59cm top tube. The Bottecchia has a 115mm stem and the Merckx has a 120mm stem. I use the old school sizing method. About an inch of stand over and a fist full of seat post showing. I have about 6.5cm of seat to handlebar drop. There is room for more drop if I need it but this is comfortable.
I'm 15 feet tall, 500 poundz and ride a 93 cm Colnago. It rawks.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
KSF666 said:
I am 6' 3" and my frame is a 60cm (Felt) whats you height and frame size?
At 6'1", 34.25" cycling inseam, I ride both a 63 cm Cannondale (1990 model) and a 57cm Litespeed (2005). I had to get a shorter stem to make the Litespeed fit right, and the standover on the C-dale is closer than some folks prefer. Working cockpit dimensions (seat height, seat setback, handlebar reach, handlebar drop) end up identical, save for slightly more drop on the Litespeed.

Most calculators put me on a 58. Cannondales of the time were known for being somewhat tight-fitting. I would have been better served by a 61 with a longer stem, but it wasn't as practical a decision at the time.

I suppose the lesson is that size matters, but size numbers don't.

·
Registered
97 Posts
6-4, long legs and arms, kinda short torso.

Pinarello F4:13 - 59cm (59cm tt), 13cm stem
Specialized Roubaix - 61cm, 12cm stem
Merckx Ti - 62cm, 12 cm stem

I like a fair amount of setback and the Pinarello is set up more agressively than the others. As long as the top tube is in the 59-61cm range I can fiddle with the setback and stem to get a good fit. I had a 58cm top tube once and even with a ton of setback and a 14cm stem it never felt like it fit right (which makes sense since the setup was exaggerated).

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
6' 2" and all my bikes have between a 57-1/2 and a 58 CM top tube. The "frame sizes" vary from a 58, 59, 60, and a XL. Stems range from 140, 140, 135 & 130.

·
Registered
380 Posts
6' 4" with a 37.5" inseam and shortish torso. I ride a 61 cm BMC, which is more like a 63 because of the weird (but cool) seat lug. Fits great.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.