Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming in to Tamecula on the 15th and was wondering if there is a "safe" route to the beach from there? My parents live in Fallbrook, and being the wuss that I am, I was also concidering driving to there place and riding to the beach from there.

Any help i can get from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I used to live in Temecula and I have rode between Palomar and San Diego but never to the beach. I have heard that you can take the 76 across to Oceanside but I haven't ever rode it. You may want to just do some inland riding, there are a ton of roads that have nice rollers. I can give you a good route if you are interested.

·
Banned
471 Posts
My living in SD county since '77: I recommend a more SCENIC, safer ride. But a couple of acceptable hills -- in sacrifice of being the safer route. It begin on Mission Rd (Hwy 76), in Fallbrook: Right-hand turn onto Olive Hill Rd, left-hand turn on Sleeping Indian Rd, right hand turn on North River Rd. Left turn on Douglas Dr. Right hand turn on Mission (Hwy 76) Oside -- driving it all the way into downtown. Actually further. Then Mission Expressway be the hill-less option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.