Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I turn on the toob, I'm beaten to death with tampon commercials. Is there really a heated battle between Playtex and Tampax ala Coke vs Pepsi? I don't get it.

For that matter, do women really reflect on advertising when making this niche purchase? Do they stand in the aisle of (fill in the blank) and ponder which commercial made them feel best?

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Answer to first question: You're watching too much Lifetime TV. I haven't seen many tampon commericals, and watching TV is about all I've done all winter.

Answer to second: No. I don't think about cartwheeling on the beach wearing summer whites when I have to make a purchase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the ones with the ladies doing cart wheels on the beach...I always turn to my wife and say in my most serious voice, "How come you don't cartwheel?"

I also love the ones where they pour blue water on the pads...."HOLY CRAP IT"S BLUE???!!?!?!"

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
real stonie said:
Every time I turn on the toob, I'm beaten to death with tampon commercials. Is there really a heated battle between Playtex and Tampax ala Coke vs Pepsi? I don't get it.

For that matter, do women really reflect on advertising when making this niche purchase? Do they stand in the aisle of (fill in the blank) and ponder which commercial made them feel best?

Fun with tampons. I remember years ago as a teen going out with some friends and drinking a bottle of MD 20/20 red. So Doris (we called her 'ducky' I think it rhymed with something) had a tampon and I grabbed it and unwrapped it. Suddenly I got the bright idea to shove it in the bottle of MD. It soaked up like crazy and then I couldn't get it out of the bottle. heheh. There was consternation enough- I thought they'd all kill me. I think we drank it anyway...

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Similarly, Is Summer's Eve the last night of Spring? I've never celebrated it and have no joyous memories to evoke tremendous emotion when hearing the term.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Ninja #2 said:
I know.... those commercials pain me.
Maybe you need a Midol commercial?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
real stonie said:

Ha Ha Ha! You said, "niche purchase."

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Hey now.

We also have to suffer through all the "meet Bob" (limp-garden-hose-Bob) commercials.
As dumb as those are, at least they're purposefully silly and not all serious like the ladies' stuff adverts.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
why are sex aid ads targeted at men?

oh, stop watching lifetime or oxygen or whatever chick channel you must be watching. try spike tv for some ufc

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
tomk96 said:
why are sex aid ads targeted at men?
No kidding. Reminds of the old joke, "Why do women fake orgasms?"

Who cares? :p

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
Tampons. They're also good for bullet hole bandages.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Cyclonoob said:
I like the ones with the ladies doing cart wheels on the beach...I always turn to my wife and say in my most serious voice, "How come you don't cartwheel?"

I also love the ones where they pour blue water on the pads...."HOLY CRAP IT"S BLUE???!!?!?!"
:thumbsup: :)

I like this. You should poast more!

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
real stonie said:

Guess you're not their target demographic? Obviously someone's responding to the ads...

Don't ya know how to surf, mute, or TIVO???

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spyderman said:
Guess you're not their target demographic? Obviously someone's responding to the ads...

Don't ya know how to surf, mute, or TIVO???
Crotch talk is like a car wreck...I can't turn away.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Hey now.

We also have to suffer through all the "meet Bob" (limp-garden-hose-Bob) commercials.

Bob as Santa pisses my wife off. The cute brunette in the gold top does that "wiggle" while waiting in line to sit in Bob's lap...

um, no, I'm not fixated on having a line of women waiting to sit on my lap...

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
We've got a commercial here about "anal discomfort", along with the Tena commercials it makes tampon ads seem like heaven. :cryin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.