Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Have you seen or used a tampon in your helmet?

• Yes! I'm guilty!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I've never heard of that!

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • There's this guy I've seen do it all time....

Votes: 2 5.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maxipads

How many have used a Maxipad in their helmet or seen it used by someone else (to collect sweat from running down your face)?? :confused:

I saw it last night.. ummm.. I guess it would work better than a helmet liner or bandana.. :eek:

Is this an old school trick?

· Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
hmmmmm

My initial answer was going to be, no they go into vaginas, but I appreciate the clarification on function. I have heard of it, but to date, sweat runnig down my face is nnot annoying enough for me to use a hygiene product to stop.

· Registered
635 Posts
never heard of that. thats, well.....

i mean, if you wanted to, ok......
but they make bandanas, headbands, helmet liners, etc. for that
we even have our own type of hat (in addition to our own helmets). the only other sport to get its own hat and helmet is baseball.....(the hat later stolen by pretty much everyone else for themselves).

· Registered
735 Posts
So which liners do you all use for the summer? Sweat just pours down my shades and I hate it! I think a tampon would be better than having sweat stains on my shades as I am trying to ride hard........MTT

:cryin:

· What the Hell is going on
5,907 Posts
Bullet holes

I heard tampons are a good first aid for bullet holes too!

· Registered
68 Posts
I saw the same guy that (Bas) saw using a tampon in his help. I was wondering what that was doing in there. I guess it would be good for that situation. My helmet has a liner that stops most sweat though. If I could get all the salt of my glasses I would be living large. :thumbsup:

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Legend911 said:
I saw the same guy that (Bas) saw using a tampon in his help. I was wondering what that was doing in there. I guess it would be good for that situation. My helmet has a liner that stops most sweat though. If I could get all the salt of my glasses I would be living large. :thumbsup:

I didn't see any gashes on his forehead so I could only assume it was for the sweat.

Maybe the helmet pads don't work too well and that would be a good padding material too for when they wear out.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jaseone said:
Are you sure you mean tampon and not some sort of pad like a panty liner? I just can't see how a tampon would work for that at all.

Get something like a sweat gutter, halo or even just a cycling hat.
Did I just screw it all up? :mad2: Its not the thing on a string ...

its the pad, you know you peel off the back and it has a sticky part...

Good thing I'm not a female I guess.. :blush2:

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
When I was stationed in Norfolk VA, I would have to wear a hard hat at work. I would buy the store brand unscented panty liners to put on the sweatband of my hard hat. Works great and you can always replace them quickly. They were white and unless you knew what you were looking at, no one knew. I kept the box behind my CPU.

· Misfit Toy
23,437 Posts
waidaminnit! I had to check to see what forum I was on...thought it was the "other forum" I play on....(team estrogen)

Yer all nutz.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.