Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Seven Axiom XX; Dura Ace 9170 Di2 with PM and disc. Mavic SLR45
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's grey and cold outside so I'm gonna hit Zwift instead of the nasty roads of NY/CT. So with the few minutes I'll save in not bundling-up, I'll post here. I'm a loyal to products and people that I can trust, and I've put my trust in Seven since 2004 when I got a Sola MTB. Fantastic bike I still have, much to my detriment as the 26" wheels are the object of scorn on group rides. But I think it's time for a new MTB as I'm having too hard of a time with the old parts and wheels/tires.

In 2006 I updated my road bike with a custom Aerios with D/A 7900. I loved that bike and was gonna shoot for 100k mi on it, but was hit by a car in 2018.

In 2018 I got my current whip, the Axiom XX with D/A 9120 (C-40 wheels, Di2, and disc brakes). It's the jam... for me. However, I was SHOCKEd at the weight: 18lbs 2oz (c. 54cm). Well, the Seven seat post was a big problem with the Di2 battery sleeve. So I chucked it and chopped a Thompson seatpost to fit and added a S-Works carbon saddle. Now with the new Mavic SLR45 wheels the bike is "down" to 17lb 10oz. Kinda a pig vs the carbon bikes (drooling over Founders Aethos by Specialized at 14lbs and change). But I could lose another 5-8lbs with better eating and no booze...

Anyways, be well and happy riding.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I went to ride saturday from the house and meet the group, pulling out, I had a flat. Went to the garage and was going to pull my coupled Seven out, pump up the tires and get going! ...but.... someone took the seat off of it!!!!!

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
That bike is GORGEOUS!!!! The Thompson seat post looks perfect! Minor detail, but I like the Thompson logo down the post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: amgwagon
1 - 6 of 6 Posts