Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...than my S-Works E5 frame. Is this a huge difference considering that I weigh 188 lbs which would translate into .25% increase in weight if you add my weight(188) plus 16-17 pounds in the bike. The Tarmac Comp is supposed to be a stiffer yet smoother riding bike. At what point should one worry about having a heavy bike? My bike with full Campy Record,CR420 wheels, WCS Fork,WCS Stem ,bars,post, Tarmac Comp Frame should still come in at 16.5 in full race trim.

·
Looking for my Amish Love
907 Posts
16.5 pounds is plenty light. Do a search and you will see that Pros ride heavier bikes than that, some up in the 18 pounds range. Lightweight is not always number one priority if you are a heavier rider, or want a more durable part spec.
Personally I'll take the smoother ride of a carbon frame for the reason that it is easier on the body which for me translates into more miles in the saddle due to the comfort.

Your bike build is quite nice with great parts, I would start focusing on the engine more.
You's be amazed at riders on 20lb steel bikes that will drop you like its nothing...I know cause it happens every weekend. I just laugh at myself and my weight weenie bike and think, yeah, its not the bike, its the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts