Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm between these 2 bikes, which one would you choose and why? They both fit great and feel and feel great i'm just wanting some opinions on why I should go with one over the other. I plan on racing it, doing club rides and doing centuries on it. Any input would be awesome on this topic.

thanks

marshall

· confirmed masher
1,712 Posts
theres a huge diff man. if u got the dough why not the Tarmac Comp?
I've got an Elite, i love it to death but one day i hope to buy a Tarmac too. there's a huge difference in parts, it's sort of a no brainer. If you are deciding between the two obviously price isn't really a problem. The tarmac is definitely a bike to drool over. If you're going to be staying in the sport for a long time that is an amazing starting off bike. its 1000 dollar differnece, for a 10 speed 105 setup which is supposedly better than the 9speed 105, shimano brakes over generics, fully carbon frame over aluminum with carbon fork. its a no brainer man. i'm pretty damn jealous right now.

· Registered
165 Posts
I chose the allez comp over the tarmac comp. The allez has such a sweet ride to it I decided to save 500 dollars and get it. I actually had no intention at all to buy the allez as the only aluminum frame I thought I might choose would be a cannondale. Rode it on a whim and was like dang this bike rides sweet. If you got the money for the Tarmac check out the Allez expert for the same price. Or do what I did and compare the two frames with identical components and see what you prefer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.