Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have ordered a new Tarmac SL4 Expert online in size 56. Im 185 cm tall, about 6`1 i guess. I am wondering...should i have a 58 instead? Someone said to me that its better to go down if you are in between two sizes. Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi, i have ordered a new Tarmac SL4 Expert online in size 56. Im 185 cm tall, about 6`1 i guess. I am wondering...should i have a 58 instead? Someone said to me that its better to go down if you are in between two sizes. Thanks a lot :)
I am 182 and I am riding with an 56cm Tarmac. My arms are a bit longer than average person so I have 140mm stem. It is a bit long, 125-130 will be better I know.

So 185, with average body measures can ride 56 Tarmac with 120-130 stem I think.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Andy and Frank are 186 (wikipedia)

When I googled "Andy Schleck's Tarmac" here is the picture I found;

(I checked Tarmac, instead of their new bikes. Geometry can differ the size)

It looks like he has 150mm stem on his bike.

So as I said, with a long stem, you will be good on the bike.

edit:
And this is my Tarmac with 140mm stem

·
S-Works Tarmac SL3
827 Posts
I was wondering the same thing....unless the dealer is selling it as a used bike. In any event, its very risky to buy a bike without knowing the specific size needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.