Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you doing your taxes this year. I will be using turbotax for the 7th year. Love the product and the fast refund. It almost makes doing your taxes fun!!

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
rollinrob said:
How are you doing your taxes this year. I will be using turbotax for the 7th year. Love the product and the fast refund. It almost makes doing your taxes fun!!
Turbotax On-Line. In my mind definitely the way to go. Did mine Saturday in about 1.5 hours, waiting for the money now.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I use it too and love it. I just filed a couple days ago and now have to do an amendment because the bank I have the mortgage with send me an updated 1098. I can get another $100 back. Moreons.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
Bah, paper and pen forever!!!! You have not lived until you have figured out that book royalties are not actually filed under royalties by digging through multiple documents. The sense of victory is worth the effort.

Besides, f I did it with a program, how could I milk it for sympathy from my wife? That works much better with papers spread all over the place and occasional curses.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I'm probably not going to file this year. Not my federal taxes, anyway.

I don't think my financial situation requires me to file. This is the sole benefit of having yearly income of $0.19.
what about that .23 cents, the paper clip and the pizza crust you found in the couch you tax dodging america hater? mowron.

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
Tax Cut Standard, and Virginia's free online filing for state taxes.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
I'm probably not going to file this year. Not my federal taxes, anyway.

I don't think my financial situation requires me to file. This is the sole benefit of having yearly income of $0.19.

·
i don't know
322 Posts
vol245 said:
I use it too and love it. I just filed a couple days ago and now have to do an amendment because the bank I have the mortgage with send me an updated 1098. I can get another $100 back. Moreons.
Same here! Mortgage company sent me an "updated" 1098 the day after I filed. Never had to file an amended return before....in my case it equates to $175 more back. Certainly happy it wasn't the other way around.

Oh - TurboTax all the way.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Ugh, I always read "Taxes" as "Texas."

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Live in one state, work in another

Trying to figure out state taxes for this situation for the first time has proven beyond my wife and I, time to ask a professional.

Does not help that we got 3 sets of W-2's, and all of them have different wages and withheld taxes numerous times on them.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gig 'em said:
Ugh, I always read "Taxes" as "Texas."
With a name like gig 'em you should. Are you from Texas. I was born in Houston and the only thing I can remember is catching chameloens in my grandmas yard and the humidity!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I'm from Florida so Houston's humidity doesn't phase me.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
dr hoo said:
Bah, paper and pen forever!!!! You have not lived until you have figured out that book royalties are not actually filed under royalties by digging through multiple documents. The sense of victory is worth the effort.

Besides, f I did it with a program, how could I milk it for sympathy from my wife? That works much better with papers spread all over the place and occasional curses.
Book royalties different than other royalties?
I pull royalties through a Nevada S corp. A simple K1 and 15%.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rollinrob said:
taking it to a CPA--the $150 I spend is so worth not having the headache of doing it myself--plus he always manages to find deductions I wouldn't. Can't remember the last time I didn't get a refund.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
lousylegs said:
can you write off medical expenses for pets?
not unless you own a pet store.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
rollinrob said:
H&R Block Online w/standard e-file option (not the advance loan). I filed mine two Fridays ago. The state refund posted to my bank account the following Monday (3 days later) and the federal refund posted the following Thursday (6 days later).

Couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts