Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Giant page a week ago and have not gotten an answer to my questions. So i decided to post here.

OK, so I just bought a 2004 T-Mobile TCR Composite. What seat post do you guys recommend? What are the torque specs for the seat post binder, headset and fork?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
seatpost...

The post must first be the right diameter. It must also have the amount of setback best suited for you. Last, it should have a 2-bolt clamp that permits fine angle adjustment. I'd never buy a single bolt post. My favorites are the ITM Millenium, Selcof and the FSA K-force. Thomson has a great clamp too, but the setback model is the bent post that some find ugly and it only has 15mm of setback, compared to 20-25mm for most others. The straight-up model is rarely useable on a road bike, unless the frame has a very slack seat tube angle.

As for torque specs, go to www.parktool.com/repair. It sounds like you need help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.