1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
The frame looks genuine to me. It has all the characteristics of the advanced frame. Paint job looks fine to me too.

The only thing is since it was a race bike, you don't know how much stress, damage, etc it has endured from a pro, even if it "looks" ok....

·
Registered
654 Posts
Not Advanced

Note that the T-Mobile bike linked is NOT an Advanced. It is a regular team composite frame and one of the older models. It is a perfectly good bike and the cost really decides whether or not the bike is worth the expense.

Note that the steerer tube is cut extremely short and it unlikely that you will be able to use any spacers. An uncut steerer tube would obviously be better so that you can adjust the fit. Also, for the buy it now price, you can likely buy a new old stock Giant composite frame with an uncut steerer.

·
iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new old stock Giant

Do you have a recommendation on where to purchase a new old stock? I have compared the measurements and they what I need. I did ask the seller about how much steerer was left above the headset. I just think it would be cool to get one of the T-Mobile team bikes. I just know that it will make me faster.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Old Stock

Check on eBay as often people will be selling older bikes that are brand new. The other place is racycles.com It is a bicycle shop in Brooklyn where I bought my Giant. Go to the website and go to the Steals and Deals section. There they have many older Giant frames at discounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.