Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TdF '17 St 13 Jul 14 Discussion.
Who Aru?
Who, who, who, who?
Who Aru?
Who, who, who, who?

Has Aru come to save us from boredom? Just as Contador and Quintana figure out they can't handle the pace?

Stage 13 is 115 miles of disturbingly uneven false flat. A real grinder. Where is Sagan when you need him? I see no way for major change, or any change in overall GC. But I have been wrong before - like wagering on Porte for the overall win.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
This would have been a stage for Contador and Valverde to scheme for. The two of them have had some entertaining ideas before. But Contador has no one to plan with, and he's too injured to do much tomorrow. Not sure anyone else would be willing to risk it all either.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!

You're looking at the wrong stage profile! Either that or you live somewhere such that 3 Cat 1 mountains are false flat, and 100km is equal to 115mi. :D

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
:lol:

Oops!

Since I'm a Cannondale Clydesdale, I'll be rooting for Uran Uran :ciappa: .

I expect a good stage from the peloton.

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!

You're looking at the wrong stage profile! Either that or you live somewhere such that 3 Cat 1 mountains are false flat, and 100km is equal to 115mi. :D
thanks - i clicked on tomorrow's. For today, maybe someone will use those climbs to challenge, but it is not looking like that so far...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Adieu Fuglsang. The mummy just abandoned.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Whoa;

Froomestrong/Wiggo all over again :confused: ???

Landa is looking good and can possibly take the yellow jersey today if he keeps up his current tempo.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Whoa;

Froomestrong/Wiggo all over again :confused: ???

Landa is looking good and can possibly take the yellow jersey today if he keeps up his current tempo.

Old Steak Face is riding mighty well considering his being dropped yesterday...

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
It actually sounds like Contador and Landa just shot Froome and the rest of the leaders the bird. This might be another one I can't wait to watch on replay after I get off of work.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
By far the most exciting stage of The Tour so far :thumbsup: !!

·
Registered
675 Posts
France, Barguil, get a French win on July14. No idea what Sky DS/Froome/Kwai were up to. They seemed to be acting as Aru domestiques and narrowed the gap to group Landa. Maybe Froome doesn't want Landa in yellow. Bizarre

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
France, Barguil, get a French win on July14. No idea what Sky DS/Froome/Kwai were up to. They seemed to be acting as Aru domestiques and narrowed the gap to group Landa. Maybe Froome doesn't want Landa in yellow. Bizarre
Good points indeed.

Reading yesterday's articles about Landa and Skye manager has me thinking there might be some inter-team squabble.

Landa's leaving the team at the end of the season, so what does he care?

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good points indeed.

Reading yesterday's articles about Landa and Skye manager has me thinking there might be some inter-team squabble.

Wiggins left. Where is he now?
Porte left. Where is he now?
I would be afraid to leave Sky....

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Good news. They've removed the 20 second time penalty from Uran and Bennett
Why do they even have that rule? Is it so spectators near the end of the stage don't get hit by dropped bottles? Was it the team giving them the bottles, or was it just spectators? Also, wouldn't you think that denying water to people climbing a steep incline on a summer day might not be the best idea? Especially on the 50th anniversary..........?

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Good points indeed.

Landa going rogue could make this thing a lot more exciting

1 - 20 of 32 Posts