Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested to see how Skye uses Landa.

Or should I say, "How Landa will ride for himself"?

These upcoming stages will show Skye's hand, no doubt.

It'll also be interesting who will be in the maillot jaune in said upcoming stages as well.

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
It will be interesting to see Landa in yellow at some point. He seems to be riding much better and Froome. I figure Aru will be in yellow at least until they hit the Alps next Wednesday.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Great finish and result for Mathews and Sunweb (they are having an excellent tour)

Aru blew and Froome is back in yellow by 19 seconds

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Aru has such a weak team compared to Sky. I think he will be active in the Alps, but I don't think he will be strong enough to win the whole thing.
There are 4 guys within 30 seconds of yellow, so this is turning into quite a race. I'm really hoping a few guys join together to blow the race apart. I'm looking at you Alberto and Nairo!

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Contador and Quintano are not far off the front, but Contador has had these falls, and Quintana can only be expected to do so much after winning Giro.

Froome has been defending yellow, and his Sky mates may be getting worn out - Landa Kiatkowski et al have ridden hard, and there are what 4 serious mountain stages remaining?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Astana guys were glad Aru is out of the yellow. They don't have the power to defend it. Those guys can't protect Aru on a flatt-ish stage

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Froome has been defending yellow, and his Sky mates may be getting worn out - Landa Kiatkowski et al have ridden hard, and there are what 4 serious mountain stages remaining?
Looks like Froomestrong and UK Postal are back on the doping regiment....

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm curious which cyclists in this race aren't doping? It seems they are going much faster than expected. A lot of faces on many teams going over mountains without even looking like they're trying that hard...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Contador and Quintano are not far off the front, but Contador has had these falls, and Quintana can only be expected to do so much after winning Giro.

That Kwiatowski has some serious horsepower. Still wish he would've gone to a different team so he could ride for himself more often but that's fodder for a different thread.

I'm curious which cyclists in this race aren't doping? It seems they are going much faster than expected. A lot of faces on many teams going over mountains without even looking like they're trying that hard...
You haven't seen Voeckler yet? :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
You keep inferring that Froome and Sky are guilty of doping (while most of your fan boys have already got caught doping or cheating) and that is the only reason Sky is still in control. Unfortunately you are missing a great race, and, you should be posting on the Doping Form.

Stage 15 was another opportunity to put Froome away but Bardet, Aru, Martin & Uran screwed up again! They (along with the entire AG2R team) had another perfect opportunity to essentially knock Froome out of the race, but, they couldn't get their act together. Don't blame Froome for this. Just think Nieve reeled in the whole lot of these clowns.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
You have scoop? Is the evidence in? Please enlighten us!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
You keep inferring that Froome and Sky are guilty of doping (while most of your fan boys have already got caught doping or cheating) and that is the only reason Sky is still in control. Unfortunately you are missing a great race, and, you should be posting on the Doping Form.

Stage 15 was another opportunity to put Froome away but Bardet, Aru, Martin & Uran screwed up again! They (along with the entire AG2R team) had another perfect opportunity to essentially knock Froome out of the race, but, they couldn't get their act together. Don't blame Froome for this. Just think Nieve reeled in the whole lot of these clowns.
your last sentence does lead some creedence to the posters original post. That a single mid level domestique was able to gain time on places 2-6 plus some helpers

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
your last sentence does lead some creedence to the posters original post. That a single mid level domestique was able to gain time on places 2-6 plus some helpers
I'm missing something... it was Landa who pulled back an attack late? He left Froomie to pull back an attack and then came back.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
8 and 10 in the vuelta and 12 in the tour is midlevel? you might want to re-calibrate that scale of yours.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I would agree with your thinking but, don't you think this "mid level domestique" was able to gain time on Bardet, Aru, Martin & Uran because they did not commit themselves. They had the perfect opportunity to take Froome out of the TdF, but, they didn't. This had nothing to do with doping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts