Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TdF '20 Discussn Stage 7 Sep 4 Spoiler Alert

This is a 115-miler with one notable climb mid-way, and otherwise flat. There most likely will be nothing happening to rattle the overall GC possibilities. A breakaway may be allowed to survive. Stage 6 has been run pretty fast, and has worn out riders almost unnecessarily. A permitted breakaway can allow a more relaxed pace on the peloton. This would not surprise me.

Stage 7 may be relatively uneventful, except for the likely sprint finish. Boring? maybe. But after Stage 7 we get to the weekend...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,420 Posts
Uneventful? Boring?...not at all so far. Bora giving a class on how to inflict pain on their opponents in windy conditions.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. But it depends.

Uneventful? Boring?...not at all so far. Bora giving a class on how to inflict pain on their opponents in windy conditions.
Exciting or boring?
Like my incontinent grandpa says: Depends.

I enjoy watching TdF, and would watch every minute live, if I could. Some years, I have come close.
Today was a dramatic day of racing. Lots of contingencies and tactics in the given course, including wind.

But, I end up mainly paying attention to how everything factors in to the final outcome: first, second, and third in Paris.

While today was a great day of stage racing in many ways, the impact upon the eventual outcome was small. Not much has changed for the GC favorites. They mostly checked each other today.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The crosswinds made for an entertaining stage.

The only good part about Landa and Pogacar being two of the ones who lost time is they are also the ones more likely to actually attempt a long range attack.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,420 Posts
Exciting or boring?
Like my incontinent grandpa says: Depends.

I enjoy watching TdF, and would watch every minute live, if I could. Some years, I have come close.
Today was a dramatic day of racing. Lots of contingencies and tactics in the given course, including wind.

But, I end up mainly paying attention to how everything factors in to the final outcome: first, second, and third in Paris.

While today was a great day of stage racing in many ways, the impact upon the eventual outcome was small. Not much has changed for the GC favorites. They mostly checked each other today.
Thing is...last 20 years of almost-never-any-contest (and the doping positives ofc) in the GC have taught me to ignore it and focus on the day to day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts