Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Graham Baxter-cost effective tour company

i did the 2001 tour w/ Graham Baxter sporting tours and they were very good and very resonably priced. I brought my bike in a soft case and had no problems. I did their tour which was 10 days in the Alps. From my experience, they were much less than most other tour companies and didn't do a lot of hand holding. We didnt stay in luxury hotels or have a sag wagon but it was perfect for me. On my tour we had 3-4 buses hauling all the bikes in big trailers and we were given drop off points for riding 40-60-80 miles etc. I know people that have had good experiences with trek travel...possibly 3-4x the price but you get wine/cheese parties, helicopter rides and sag wagons galore...much more of a plush experience so really it depends what you looking for. If you want a cost effective tour company-at least back then, graham baxter, based in england, were very good and have been doing it for years. Most of the people on the tour were from england, australia and the US. I would rec'd bringing your own bike. i've used the same soft case for multiple trips to italy, france, belgium and spain without any problem- I think most european carriers tend to handle bikes better b/c they're used to it... but a bent derailleur hanger isn't out of the question so bring an extra one just in case- a good $15 investment from someone who spent 4 hours in rural holland looking for a ridley hanger with little luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.