Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm just wondering........don't the bike companies use the TdF to showcase all their up coming team issue models for the following year? It seems this year most of the teams are using the same bikes as used in last year's race. I realise that from year to year the only things that tend to change are the paint job and graphics but it seems that T-Mobile, Cofidis and CA are using the same bikes they used last year. Am I just imagining things??

·
DonRacer
63 Posts
Italianrider76 said:
I'm just wondering........don't the bike companies use the TdF to showcase all their up coming team issue models for the following year? It seems this year most of the teams are using the same bikes as used in last year's race. I realise that from year to year the only things that tend to change are the paint job and graphics but it seems that T-Mobile, Cofidis and CA are using the same bikes they used last year. Am I just imagining things??
CA is showcasing the new Look 595 with integrated seatpost. I don't know if all riders are on it, but Hushovd was... I expect some new frames to get more hyped up for the mountain stages.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Italianrider76 said:
check this...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/tour06/tech/?id=/tech/2006/features/tour_bikes1

the Pinarello is NICE

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought the last version of the Madone was already at the weight limit. What is gained by going to an 800 gram frame (or 500 grams, for that matter) if you have to add weights to it to ride in the race? I guess the horizontal tt is noteworthy, but I think this is really approaching the credability limit on the weight issue (if it wasn't passed a long time ago). I'd be more impressed if they could say the frame was "stiffer" or more aero or something, but improving an already maxed out quality doesn't impress me, and seems rather silly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.