Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone checking out the Xcountry skiing at the Olympics?

These folks are awesome!

I was watching these guys absolutely screaming up hill... (I can hurl at the thought! Major freekin climb!)

How do they do that?

Salute!... to all of them.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
everydaybike said:

These folks are awesome!

I was watching these guys absolutely screaming up hill... (I can hurl at the thought! Major freekin climb!)

How do they do that?

I love xountry skiing and used to do it a lot, but uphills can be rough. Those pros are amazing!

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zeytin said:
I love xountry skiing and used to do it a lot, but uphills can be rough. Those pros are amazing!
I tried it once many moons ago with a chica I meet in grad skool! (Won't admit when that was either! I'm NOT that old.)

Went to spend C-mas with her dad in Scaneateles, NY and got blasted with lake effect snow. Wow... what a trip. Not only was the snow spectacular, the fact that they ditched the cars and trucks and went for the snowmobiles and skis was foreign to me. Snowmobiles were motorcycles on snow. The Xskiing beat my butt up and I had been a cyclist/runner for years.

I'll cheer for all of them!!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,477 Posts
everydaybike said:

These folks are awesome!

How do they do that?

I saw the race on Saturday. The guy in the breakaway chewing out the guy on his wheel (skis) telling him to work or else. Then the big attack on the final hill, getting rid of the wheelsucker and the sprint to the finish. Just like cycling. :)

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
everydaybike said:

These folks are awesome!

How do they do that?

What I like is after they throw themselves across the finishline they just fall down in the snow and gasp for air. That has to be the most aerobically challenging sport on the planet. You almost never see that in other sports. Literally too exhausted to stand. Amazing.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Sintesi said:
What I like is after they throw themselves across the finishline they just fall down in the snow and gasp for air. That has to be the most aerobically challenging sport on the planet. You almost never see that in other sports. Literally too exhausted to stand. Amazing.
Well, cross country sking is know as the best complete excerise around. Probably the closest thing to the aerobic challenge is distance running.

·
Bone idle wanker
742 Posts
TdF on snow? Indeed....

Right down to the Trout doing the play by play!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Those dudes are tough. Me, I personally prefer to be carried up the mountain, then go down FAST.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Sintesi said:
Check out cyclocross. Same thing happens.

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts
did anyone else see the pursuit event? the one where Frode Estil got the silver? That guy fell right at the gun and was run over by 3 or 4 guys, he got up in dead last and ended up finishing second....hell of a competitor, he had to pass 70-something skiers to get back to the front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts