Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking around for a good wreckage recap and couldn't find one. So I figured I'd ask...

Valverde is out with knee/ankle breaks.
Ion Izigerre has a lumbar fracture.
Luke Durbridge is out?

The beaten up list?s

Boason Hagen with swollen ankle and foot?
Gallopin?

Lots of riders hit the deck today. Anyone have any damage reports to share? Further info on riders struggling with injuries?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Add Luke Rowe to the injury list for day 2. He apparently went to the hospital for Xrays on his wrist. Yes Durbridge is out.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Skinsuits?!

Even if I got beat big time simply based on my competition wearing skin suits, I would nevar admit it!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
That Durbridge crash was pretty nasty-looking but dude was able to get right back on a replacement.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
That Durbridge crash was pretty nasty-looking but dude was able to get right back on a replacement.

If you watch the backstage pass the next day, you'll see that he broke his carbon soled shoe in half on that crash, snapped it. That's pretty extreme.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Finally found an update on Izagirre. He had successful surgery today on his lumbar fracture.
Update on Valverde, he posted a short video that he's started rehab on his knee today.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
Finally found an update on Izagirre. He had successful surgery today on his lumbar fracture.
Update on Valverde, he posted a short video that he's started rehab on his knee today.
They're both fortunate this happened in the TdF...in the USA, they'd still be in the ER waiting to get X-Ray/MRI/CT scanned.

Hopefully they recover as quick as can safely be.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
They're both fortunate this happened in the TdF...in the USA, they'd still be in the ER waiting to get X-Ray/MRI/CT scanned.

Yeah no kidding. Our hospitals and entire health care system is totally screwed up.
On the other hand, they are both in the care of the German doctors who are some of the best in the world. They are in good hands.

Here's a link to the video Alejandro posted: https://twitter.com/alejanvalverde/status/881846705871892481

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

It's like I can never rep anyone! Haha.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts

And if it happened in Canada, they would have been told health care doesn't cover that surgery and they would have to go to the USA to get the procedures done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts