Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small team that I need to get custom clothing for, so I can't really meet the minimum for any of the big guys.
Has anyone used (or even seen) clothing made by Atac sportswear out of Vancouver?
or Hidden Bay sports from Wisconsin?
Any experience with either company's as far as quality, delivery etc... would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Pactimo will do full custom with a minium of 5 pieces. I wouldn't suggest hidden bay, it is deffinatly not the nicest stuff out there and the shape of the chamois is not very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
Vermarc and Impsport. Impsport is out of the UK and does great stuff quickly. Not cheap, but not terribly expensive either. Their bottom pieces run large. Other than that, we had no surprises with our order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm I never heard of either of those companies.
Do they have US reps? or do you have to deal with them overseas?


euro-trash said:
Vermarc and Impsport. Impsport is out of the UK and does great stuff quickly. Not cheap, but not terribly expensive either. Their bottom pieces run large. Other than that, we had no surprises with our order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
trener1 said:
Hmm I never heard of either of those companies.
Do they have US reps? or do you have to deal with them overseas?
Vermarc has a U.S. rep in Boulder. Vermarc does clothing for Lotto and Quickstep. It's a Belgian company that makes top end stuff, and it isn't too expensive. It'll take a while though. http://www.vermarcusa.com/site/

Impsport makes clothing for the British national team among others. It does not have a U.S. rep, but they are pretty darn good about communication. If you have your design together, they can get you your clothes in less than a month. Clothing quality is great, it's on par with Squadra.
http://www.impsport.com/pages/products/cycling/cycling.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mt Bora designs?

Thanks They both look good, I will check them out.

Anyone use Mt Bora i.e. Customsublimation.com?

euro-trash said:
Vermarc has a U.S. rep in Boulder. Vermarc does clothing for Lotto and Quickstep. It's a Belgian company that makes top end stuff, and it isn't too expensive. It'll take a while though. http://www.vermarcusa.com/site/

Impsport makes clothing for the British national team among others. It does not have a U.S. rep, but they are pretty darn good about communication. If you have your design together, they can get you your clothes in less than a month. Clothing quality is great, it's on par with Squadra.
http://www.impsport.com/pages/products/cycling/cycling.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I would second the vote for Pactimo. They are based in Colorado with reps across the US. You can call them to find your closest rep.

Our club used Voler, but their minimums were killing us. So we switched to Pactimo. They don't charge based on number of colors and the quality seemed to be top notch. With Voler, some things we could only order once every 3 years because of their high minimums. Pactimo's minimum is 5 on everything they have. If your order is large enough, they might even make exceptions on similar items (long sleve jerseys & jackets, for example).

Check them out. If you are in the Chicago area, call Revolution Cycling Center in St. Charles. They can get you in contact with the Chicago area rep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Pactimo, NO WAY!

csv001 said:
I would second the vote for Pactimo. They are based in Colorado with reps across the US. You can call them to find your closest rep.

Our club used Voler, but their minimums were killing us. So we switched to Pactimo. They don't charge based on number of colors and the quality seemed to be top notch. With Voler, some things we could only order once every 3 years because of their high minimums. Pactimo's minimum is 5 on everything they have. If your order is large enough, they might even make exceptions on similar items (long sleve jerseys & jackets, for example).

Check them out. If you are in the Chicago area, call Revolution Cycling Center in St. Charles. They can get you in contact with the Chicago area rep.

Pactimo is just about the worst clothing ever. My friends team used them, they were late and the quality was terrible. The jersies and shorts faded before the season ended.

Check out Voler. It sounds like you guys can hit the mins with 6-7 guys, recruit friends, SOs and others to buy stuff. Check out how they group items so you only need 25 tops and 25 bottoms. The hardest thing will be long sleeves but you can supplement the long sleeve category with arm warmers. Skinsuits count for both top and bottom. www.voler.com. They're a little more expensive than bergamo some of the others but you get everything on time and it will last for years. Our teams been using Voler for 3 years despite offers of "sponsorship" from other clothing companies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Interesting feedback about Pactimo. Robbie Ventura's Vision Quest uses Pactimo as does xXx Racing in Chicago. Both have been happy with Pactimo. The only complaint I have heard about was their zippers. They agreed there were better zippers and found one which will be an upgrade from last year's models. The Pactimo clothing is thicker material than Voler, but I asked if it was hotter and everyone said no and that it wicked just as well.

If you decide to go Voler, you won't be disappointed. Their printing methods are a little antequated (sp?, I mean old fashioned). They don't use digital techniques that enable more design options. Maybe it was our jersey design, but that is my understanding. The Voler zippers work, but don't seem to work as well as the new Pactimo zippers, although, maybe Voler changed their zippers also. Lastly, while you will pay more for Voler than pretty much any other supplier, keep in mind that you can reduce the cost of the clothing by putting the Voler trademark on the clothing. In fact, the more you put it on the clothing, the more you save.

Hope that helps. Just remembered one more thing, Hincapie is another option but that is even more expensive than Voler and I think they have higher minimums. I should be getting a Discovery Adventures kit in the next few weeks (I won it).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Interesting.

csv001 said:
Interesting feedback about Pactimo. Robbie Ventura's Vision Quest uses Pactimo as does xXx Racing in Chicago. Both have been happy with Pactimo. The only complaint I have heard about was their zippers. They agreed there were better zippers and found one which will be an upgrade from last year's models. The Pactimo clothing is thicker material than Voler, but I asked if it was hotter and everyone said no and that it wicked just as well.

If you decide to go Voler, you won't be disappointed. Their printing methods are a little antequated (sp?, I mean old fashioned). They don't use digital techniques that enable more design options. Maybe it was our jersey design, but that is my understanding. The Voler zippers work, but don't seem to work as well as the new Pactimo zippers, although, maybe Voler changed their zippers also. Lastly, while you will pay more for Voler than pretty much any other supplier, keep in mind that you can reduce the cost of the clothing by putting the Voler trademark on the clothing. In fact, the more you put it on the clothing, the more you save.

Hope that helps. Just remembered one more thing, Hincapie is another option but that is even more expensive than Voler and I think they have higher minimums. I should be getting a Discovery Adventures kit in the next few weeks (I won it).
Maybe Pactimo changed factories mid year or something. The stuff my friend had was so bad it was embarrassing. If you held the jersey up you could see through both layers (front and back). There was also a lot of bleeding. Maybe they got a bad batch. I think the distributer is here in Colorado but the clothing is made in China. If Robbie the Rocket uses Pactimo then it must be good, or something. Wait who's the rep in Chicago for Pactimo, is it Rich?

I've heard Bergamo is fairly inexpensive but don't know anything about the minimums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Im in process of getting uniforms for my team were going with Louis Garneau, good deal were getting...they have a minimum of 16
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would like to use Voler, I have a couple of their bib's and I really like them, but aside from the
minimum's which I guess if I try hard enough I might be able to meet, the earliest delivery date is late June, so that really puts them out of the game.
Bergamo sounds really good, but on their web site they say that there is a 35 piece minimum, so I think I'll have to keep on looking elsewhere.

Triple shot, when was your bad experience with Pactimo?

CSV how do you like the Pactimo bibs and vests?

triple shot espresso said:
Maybe Pactimo changed factories mid year or something. The stuff my friend had was so bad it was embarrassing. If you held the jersey up you could see through both layers (front and back). There was also a lot of bleeding. Maybe they got a bad batch. I think the distributer is here in Colorado but the clothing is made in China. If Robbie the Rocket uses Pactimo then it must be good, or something. Wait who's the rep in Chicago for Pactimo, is it Rich?

I've heard Bergamo is fairly inexpensive but don't know anything about the minimums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,135 Posts
Hincapie

trener1 said:
I would like to use Voler, I have a couple of their bib's and I really like them, but aside from the
minimum's which I guess if I try hard enough I might be able to meet, the earliest delivery date is late June, so that really puts them out of the game.
Bergamo sounds really good, but on their web site they say that there is a 35 piece minimum, so I think I'll have to keep on looking elsewhere.

Triple shot, when was your bad experience with Pactimo?

CSV how do you like the Pactimo bibs and vests?

Have you tried Hincapie they have 10 piece mins I think and a in house art staff. The stuff has to be the best chamy I have ever ridden.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top