Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you long time members here, I want to remind you that Team Collin is still going strong and we will be riding in Indianapolis on the last weekend in June. As always, we would love your support. I doubt there is anyone who hasn't been touched by cancer.

https://events.24hoursofbooty.org/fundraise/team?ftid=62995

any questions, feel free to message me.

Eric

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Been touch many times over with various family members to cancer, what a great cause.... my prayers, thoughts and support are with you all... enjoy the fellowship and ride safe!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Been touch many times over with various family members to cancer, what a great cause.... my prayers, thoughts and support are with you all... enjoy the fellowship and ride safe!
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I am totally underwhelmed by the lack of comments or even verbal support from others. This was and is a big deal. Long time RBR/LOUNGE members surely remember the formative years. I get it, financial support is not always an option, and we all get it, but over the years, we, as a group (the Lounge) have raised a tremendous amount of support for important causes. Any one remember Dave Hickey raising BIG money to shave his grizzly bear like legs with all proceeds going to the Susan B Komen foundation or the multiple auctions to help individuals (with people donating the bikes back to be released auctioned again and again?)
I understand a lot of people bailed on RBR, and opted for Facebook, but this is our roots. I keep coming back for that reason.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I'm proud to be part of Team Collin. Over the 6 years we've raised over $70,000 to help fight cancer. Good peeps from all around the country. still a bit quiet in here.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Thanks so much. It's a great cause and charity. And the Indy ride is special because we can ride together. You need to come up and do it with us sometime. Especially since you've been initiated to lounge rides and know we don't bite.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much. It's a great cause and charity. And the Indy ride is special because we can ride together. You need to come up and do it with us sometime. Especially since you've been initiated to lounge rides and know we don't bite.
wait what? Speak for yourself, some of us do (bite)

A few years ago, we had team members there from Washington, California, Texas, Hawaii, Iowa, Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Massachusetts and I am probably missing one or two.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Don't bite? There was a lotta bacon getting scarfed down that weekend.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I had donated in exchange for some stickers last time; hoping to do the same again if possible! Silence doesn't mean "ignored."

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Y'all have a good time. My contributions to cancer care this year unfortunately consist of providing a lot of actual hands-on care, plus paying a good chunk of co-pays and deductibles. But if everything turns out well in the end it's entirely worth it.

You guys have a great time.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Y'all have a good time. My contributions to cancer care this year unfortunately consist of providing a lot of actual hands-on care, plus paying a good chunk of co-pays and deductibles. But if everything turns out well in the end it's entirely worth it.

You guys have a great time.
We will JCavilia. Please don't misinterpret my original post as purely a plea for money, but more as a reminder that Team Collin still lives on. It really is a great time with great people, particularly riding in torrential rains and waiting out route closings due to thunder storms, lol. As of now, I believe Team Collin is still the number 1 in fund raising for this year, to date, but in reality, that honor makes less difference that the totals raised for the cause by everyone involved.

Sorry you had to be as "involved" as you were. THIS is why we ride!

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is awesome, when I donated to this cause those years ago I had no idea that I would be on the receiving end of treatment. I am in a relay for life event next month but will be thinking of that bright young button that came into our lives and wishing you all the best for a great event. Thank you for doing this, if I lived closer I'd love to join in.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And with every new friend, aquaintance or family member I hear of fighting the fight, my thoughts are "There but for the grace of God go I"
Both my sisters have had breast cancer, one, twice, two different kinds and 25 years prior to that she had Hodgkins. While Collin appeared to be rallying in October of (was it 2010?) My dad lost his battle to lung cancer. Sookpuppet, we ride for you too!

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Can't believe that this is year 7--seems like yesterday.

Have a great ride everyone--one of these years....

Dean

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can't believe that this is year 7--seems like yesterday.

Have a great ride everyone--one of these years....

Dean
you got a week!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wait what? Speak for yourself, some of us do (bite)

A few years ago, we had team members there from Washington, California, Texas, Hawaii, Iowa, Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Massachusetts and I am probably missing one or two.
Arghhhhh, Co and Arkansas, I forgot them..... Sorry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts