Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I typically don't like CSC but this year they're making the tour fun to watch. I've always like Jen Voigt. He bust his a$$ off for his team. He doesn't take victories away from some who truly deserve it. It was cool watching him pull back from the break on the last climb of stage 16 and hands off the bottles to his teammates then setting a high pace to the summit. Then watching Cancerllera and O'Grady pulling the team causing the peleton to disintegrate during stage 17. Andy counter attacking all the attacks Alp D'Huez. Makes me wonder if he could have won the stage if he wasn't playing a support roll. They had 6 riders all the way to the base of D'Huez. Since Riis hasn't said much since his doping confession, I'm really starting to like CSC. I'm just hoping there's no surprises from all this excitements.

· Where's that GPS?
3,313 Posts
You gotta love CSC!
They are truly putting on a great show.
Unfortunetly, only the doping incidents will catch media attention now that Lance is no-longer a factor.

· Registered
9 Posts
If only Sastre or Schelckx2 knew how to TT, and Astana were there.... Could have been a fair battle, and an interesting one to follow as well.

As it is, the strongest guy with the weakest team is probably winning, while the strongest team is losing out with a minute or less.

I know TT is important and all, but climbers do put on the best show...

· Registered
650 Posts
Opalius said:
If only Sastre or Schelckx2 knew how to TT, and Astana were there.... Could have been a fair battle, and an interesting one to follow as well.

As it is, the strongest guy with the weakest team is probably winning, while the strongest team is losing out with a minute or less.

I know TT is important and all, but climbers do put on the best show...
i dont agree, climbers put on a good show, but the best show in my opinion is put on by the weather and the riders who are able to push the hardest into it. By this i mean the best show (imo) is put on at the northern spring classics. The tour, giro, vuelta etc are great but no match if you ask me.

· Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
slowdave said:
i dont agree, climbers put on a good show, but the best show in my opinion is put on by the weather and the riders who are able to push the hardest into it. By this i mean the best show (imo) is put on at the northern spring classics. The tour, giro, vuelta etc are great but no match if you ask me.
I totally agree with you. Spring classics are the best show in road racing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.