Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty good turn out today at TDG team presentation. Everyone seems really motivated. I was a volunteer and hats off to the people that put this thing together, they truly work thier arses off! Hats off to them for sure. It's really cool, because you get to talk to some of the riders and if you know the ins and outs, really you can talk to anyone. Hint to everyone, don't ask Brunyll about Roubaix. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's some pictures I took during the team presentation

Team Colavita

CSC

Davitoman-Lotto

Disco

Healthnet

Jelly Belly

Jittery Joes

Kodak Gallery

Navigators

Phonak

Prodir

Quickstep

TargetTraining

TIAA-Cref

Oops, sometime the camera wanders ;)

The mystery Cannondale - the mechanic said it has a full front carbon triangle and aluminum stays

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll let you slide..

on that one since you complemented my bike. :p I really like the bike alot. Phil is the voice of cycling. With no Phil, you have no cycling, like with no Paula, no Idol, no clouds, no rain. It should be interesting to see how Tom does this week. Should be a very exciting race for sure. Alot of contenders.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Another thing i noticed on the KGSN bikes were that they werent using the SRAM cranksets, but truvativ cranks and duraace rings.

·
The view is the reward
417 Posts
hambinator said:
Another thing i noticed on the KGSN bikes were that they werent using the SRAM cranksets, but truvativ cranks and duraace rings.

Nice reporting! You should followup on the SRAM swap out. Were they ever using SRAM cranksets to start with?

I liked you team intro pics as well. Looks like great weather for cycling. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
237 Posts
hambinator said:
The mystery Cannondale - the mechanic said it has a full front carbon triangle and aluminum stays
Yep, that's the new one for '07. Made in the USA, too - not that it makes it better, just different from everybody else these days. CDale has a couple of cool things for '07, including a CAAD9 frame. I forget what the new carbon bike will be called.

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
I believe..

hambinator said:

that SRAM owns Truvative and that there is no actual "SRAM" crank. They use Truvative cranks in the road group. The new stuff is the derailleurs, shifters and brakeset.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tire choices..

were kinda interesting. The Euro guys were all on tubulars and the American teams all on clinchers. The mechanic or Quikstep thought I was nuts when I asked him clincher or tubular. He was like "clinchers are sinful". Very interesting.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wow. Man, you take some great pictures. I hope to have some of my own on Friday to post, as I will be in Chattanooga for the finish on Thursday. Look for me! I will probably be the only guy there wearing a Quick Step jersey, besides the team!

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Agree...

ashpelham said:
Wow. Man, you take some great pictures. I hope to have some of my own on Friday to post, as I will be in Chattanooga for the finish on Thursday. Look for me! I will probably be the only guy there wearing a Quick Step jersey, besides the team!
Good stuff man, glad to see someone down there doing some "reporting" for us slackers up here looking on our computers. Good pictures I believe as well. Keep 'em coming. I was also hoping to get down there for the race again this year, but alas, work sucks. Need I say more?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts