4677559160_f2fb2480e0_b

Amanda Miller won the Blue Dome Criterium in Tulsa Friday with a late solo attack. (Photo: C. Curry)

Tulsa, OK - Amanda Miller of Team TIBCO/To the Top has been putting the fine form she gained racing the Tour de l'Aude last month to good use since her return. Last weekend, she rode away from the pack on lap one of the challenging Snake Alley Criterium for the solo win. This weekend, she headed to Tulsa with five teammates to tackle the three-day Tulsa Tough.

Friday evening, Miller took advantage of a slight lull in the peloton to launch a solo attack with three laps remaining in the Blue Dome District Criterium. The 23-year-old never looked back, holding on for the victory by several bike lengths on the chasing field.

Today, she closed out the Tough with a solid 2nd place after bridging up to a six-rider break containing her teammate Meghan Guarnier.

"With Meghan up there, we weren't too aggressive, but we covered all the moves," Miller said. "I wasn't going to try to bridge up unless I could get a clean jump and not bring anyone with me."

She got that jump with about 20 minutes left in the race. With the break about 0:15 ahead of the field, Miller launched off the front solo and over the next lap on the four-corner course in the Riverside District, she worked her way to the front group and slotted in to recover.

With all the main sprinters up in the break, the impetus went out of the chase and the gap went out to 0:40. "The girls were back there covering and killing any moves that tried to get up to the break," Miller explained.

On the final lap, Coryn Rivera (Peanut Butter & Co.) attacked on the last kicker before the finish and opened a gap. Laura Van Gilder (Mellow Mushroon) gave chase and Miller jumped on her wheel. Coming out of the last corner, Rivera still had her gap, which she held to the line. Miller was able to get around Van Gilder for 2nd place on the stage. Guarnier finished 7th, while Devon Haskell finished 9th from the main field.