Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Organisers of the Tour de Georgia, April 18-23, have announced the teams that will line up for this year's edition. Many ProTour teams will be making return appearances, including the 2005 champion Tom Danielson's Discovery Channel squad. Also returning and certainly with eyes on the top prize is Floyd Landis and his Phonak Hearing Systems squad. Team CSC will also be back and is the team most likely to be packed with US riders. Saunier Duval-Prodir makes its third appearance in as many years, though Germany's Gerolsteiner team led by American Levi Leipheimer will not take part this year.

Of the first-time ProTour teams, the most notable is Quick Step-Innergetic, fuelling speculation of an appearance by Tom Boonen, much to the dismay of many sprinters. Also making a first-time appearance, but with many possible riders with Tour de Georgia experience is Davitamon-Lotto with 2003 champion Chris Horner, Fred Rodriguez and 2003 stage winner Henk Vogels.

On the domestic side, all of the top NRC teams will be present, including Health Net-Maxxis and Navigators Insurance. Toyota-United will be looking to add to its UCI stage wins after a successful Tour of California as a first-time team, but with many experienced riders. Another first-time team that will be battling a learning curve as steep as Brasstown Bald is TargeTraining, featuring many first-year pros. Local boys Jittery Joes-Zero Gravity will be defending their home turf with the usual local support.
UCI ProTour Teams

Team CSC (Denmark), No. 1 in 2005
Phonak Hearing Systems (Switzerland), No. 2 in 2005
Davitamon-Lotto (Belgium), No. 4 in 2005
Prodir - Saunier Duval (Spain), No. 7 in 2005
Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team (USA), No 8 in 2005
Quick Step-Innergetic (Belgium), No. 12 in 2005
UCI America Professional and Continental Teams

Health Net presented by Maxxis
Navigators Insurance Professional Cycling
Jelly Belly Cycling Team
Toyota-United Pro Cycling Team
Colavita Olive Oil - Sutter Homes Wines Cycling Team
Team TIAA-CREF
Kodakgallery.com - Sierra Nevada Pro Cycling Team
TARGETRAINING Cycling Team
The Jittery Joes - Zero Gravity Professional Cycling Team
So im freaking super excited to see Quickstep and Davitamon, other than that looks like the usual suspects.

I think Floyd Landis will win it because he's been on fire so far.
Tom Danielson 2nd

anyone got a clue on 3rd?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
3rd:

Julich?

I wonder if Boonen will show up? Now that would be kick a#$!

I live in Augusta, so hopefully I'll get some good exposure like last year, that is unless some local yocal that knows nothing about cycling gets in the way like last year. Had perfect autograph op and idiot that knows nothing about cycling steps infront of my wife to get Tafi's autograph, gets it and then ask me who the guy was. WTF, I was like it was my wife's favorite rider and she would liked to have gotten his autograph, but you had to cut in because you saw everyone else crowding around. MORONS, they are everywhere!! What could be a moment that for true cyclist would last a life time some dodo bird has to screw up. I bet the guy doesn't even have the freaking auto anymore either.

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
Man, I hope I can make a stage or two this year.

Speaking of autographs, I was lucky enough to get Cipo's when he raced 2 years ago. Everyone was crowding around the Postal bus waiting for Lance. Meanwhile, a host of other top pros are just hanging out going unnoticed by the masses. You would have thought that they would have gone looking for "that italian guy" as Cipo was so often referred to.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hmmm... no Symmetrics, surprising considering they made it last year and finished off that season quite strong

My bet is Landis for the win, maybe Zabriske though, I'm not sure how the course looks/if it will suit him

Can't wait, should be a good one!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Zabriske has a good chance, but floyd has been on his A game lately soo he will most likely win. But you never know. I just can't wait till the TDG starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julich?

I wonder if Boonen will show up? Now that would be kick a#$!

I live in Augusta, so hopefully I'll get some good exposure like last year, that is unless some local yocal that knows nothing about cycling gets in the way like last year. Had perfect autograph op and idiot that knows nothing about cycling steps infront of my wife to get Tafi's autograph, gets it and then ask me who the guy was. WTF, I was like it was my wife's favorite rider and she would liked to have gotten his autograph, but you had to cut in because you saw everyone else crowding around. MORONS, they are everywhere!! What could be a moment that for true cyclist would last a life time some dodo bird has to screw up. I bet the guy doesn't even have the freaking auto anymore either
Sorry man that sucks I hate it when peope do that. I was at the Tour de France in 2000 and before the riders come through all the sponsors cars and trucks come through throwing out stuff. Soo theres this really old lady right next to me. She seems to be in her own world. And then i see this T-moblie team car coming throwin out hats and they throw me one and this german lady is goin to have enough nerve to come over try to take it from my hand and walk away. I was like holy knights of columbus lady. Soo after that struggle she lets me have it. And then right before all the riders come she goes back inside her house. I was like wtf you just want free stuff you stupid grandma get a life. So I know you yah feel man. THere are idoits everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts