Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike should be here tomorrow.....thought I'd let out a little "Taste".

Len

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Len J said:
Bike should be here tomorrow.....thought I'd let out a little "Taste".

Len

!!!!!!!Scream!!!!! The paint! I love it!

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Evil is only providing a teaser of that work of art.

Pardone me while I go abuse myself.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stay Tuned.......

sn69 said:
Evil is only providing a teaser of that work of art.

Pardone me while I go abuse myself.
Fed Ex says it'sbeen picked upin Montana and has landed in Memphis. (Not that I'm checking every 5 minutes :D :D )

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait until you see the rest!

:D
snapdragen said:
!!!!!!!Scream!!!!! The paint! I love it!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks

Len

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Len,

Your post reminds me of Douglas Anderson. In third grade Douglas ate at the same lunch table with me and his parents always gave him enough lunch money to buy an ice cream sandwich and a full lunch. Every day I would watch him lick around the edges of the ice cream sandwich while I ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Nice bike. Quit licking and just show the daggone thing.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Rumor has it that The J's is skulking around Memphis, looking ornery and up-to-no-good. For that matter, I've also heard that Paul, Ed and HAL9000 are all in their cars headed SW as well.

(This is the fixte, no?)

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well.............

Nah....

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Fastback attachment, Terraplane (which I also seem to remember from that "other forum").

Mama mia. I need to go refil another glass of wine and adjourn to the self-abuse room again.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sn69 said:
Rumor has it that The J's is skulking around Memphis, looking ornery and up-to-no-good. For that matter, I've also heard that Paul, Ed and HAL9000 are all in their cars headed SW as well.

(This is the fixte, no?)
I knew I shouldn'thave shipped it Fed EX...and going though Memphis at Midnight.......

Yea it's the fixie.

I'll Have good pictures tomorrow when I get the bike.

Stop back tomorrow.

Len

G'night all

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Good night and sweet dreams. Perhaps you'll inspire a post-RAAM goodie.

Can't wait, Len. I'm excited for ya.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Looks like it's got snakes to me.

THEY put 'em there.

BTW be careful riding that thing, you know your unfortunate history riding pimpin' bikes.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
When you gonna build that bike up.......

and ride it? You've been showing the frame picture for ever. That bikes too nice to look at.

Build.

Antique Brown Brooks Swallow
Kirk Custom Stem to match the frame
Nitto M184 bars
Dura Ace Aero Levers
Bar tape is a question....I bought the matching Brooks tape when I though Joe Bell was going Grey on the Decals, black on the pinstripes and creme on the headtube and panel. When he went with blue decals, with matching pin stripes, and white I'm now thinking of blue bar tape....We'll see.
Phil Wood Hubs (flip/flop rear) laced 32 to OP rims
Conti 28's tires (I don't like the look of gumwalls on a bike like this)
Nitto cages
Dur/Ace track crank on a Phil BB
D/A Cog
Honjo Hammered fenders
Speedplay pedals.

Len

·
Registered
31 Posts
so that was yours

I saw your bike when I was at JB’s dropping off the decals for my ‘83 Davidson that he is repainting. It really stood out amongst the other mostly pearled Kirks. Beautiful bike! There was a Sachs that he was just about ready to clear and that actually made me think about you.(I'm remembering correctly that a Sachs is a birthday gift to yourself aren't I?)
JB is both a very nice guy and a master at what he does. Now that he’s back from his week off hopefully mine will be done in two weeks.
Go with the Brooks handlebar wrap!
Enjoy the new ride!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Well? Is it here? Huh? Huh?

:D ;)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
Well? Is it here? Huh? Huh?

:D ;)
jeebus, i'm more anxious than Len. #1, a beautiful new bike in his stable, which i've seen and drooled-on firsthand (!!!!!!), and the serottas and co. ain't nothin' to sneeze at! plus, i gets the gunnar dawg when he's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAHHHH!

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
jeebus, i'm more anxious than Len. #1, a beautiful new bike in his stable, which i've seen and drooled-on firsthand (!!!!!!), and the serottas and co. ain't nothin' to sneeze at! plus, i gets the gunnar dawg when he's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAHHHH!

You should of begged for the Merkx to go along with the Gunnar. Len is loaded with sweet bikes. I would be jealous if Len wasn't so much fun to ride with and a general all around nice guy.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks....

brecht said:
I saw your bike when I was at JB’s dropping off the decals for my ‘83 Davidson that he is repainting. It really stood out amongst the other mostly pearled Kirks. Beautiful bike! There was a Sachs that he was just about ready to clear and that actually made me think about you.(I'm remembering correctly that a Sachs is a birthday gift to yourself aren't I?)
JB is both a very nice guy and a master at what he does. Now that he’s back from his week off hopefully mine will be done in two weeks.
Go with the Brooks handlebar wrap!
Enjoy the new ride!
Sachs will be inbound this time next year.....yes a 50th B'day present that will come before my 52nd.

LOL

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks...

but white isn't going to work....the bike is more a creme.

So we're gona try either light blue or the Brooks.

Len

1 - 20 of 20 Posts