Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have two sets of cassette in my possession that I bought used, one is a DA (11-23) and the other one is DA (12-25). However the teeth on the cogs between the two sets are different.

The one with 11-23 has relatively wide teeth where as the one with 12-25 has pointier teeth; it even has a sharp protrution at the left side of each teeth.

Is this a sign of wear? However all the teeth are very even in size so I had thought otherwise. What doyou think?

This is the 11-23 cassette

This is the 12-25 cassette

·
Registered
876 Posts
yeeeuuuuppppp. That's wear. The "evenness" of the wear probably means that the person you bought them from likes/has to shift alot.

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh.. luckily i didn't really buy the 12-25 per se, but I bought the wheelset and it came with it. The seller initially said the wheels don't include the cassette, but when they arrived today I found them on it. They were super dirty! I spent almost two hours cleaning them.

I want to put my 11-23 which I deliberately purchased for these wheels but I found out the 11 cog won't tightly lock down the rest of the cogs on the hub as the hub is the older 8spd hub which does not accomodate the 11 cog. I need a 1mm spacer and hope that will not give me rear derailleur alignment issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.