Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a Specialized Allez DSW sprint and was looking at the usual aero wheel brands, Enve, Zipp, Mavic, and Boyd. The U.S. prices for Campagnolo Bora Ultras exceed even Enve's with high end ceramic hubs. But in UK and German online shops they are going for nearly half that. The price and glowing reviews based on user experience online has me interested. I have heard some negatives like high replacement part costs and slow part delivery. Anyways, for those who own these wheels, please share.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I don't own the wheels, but I can vouch for Ribble in the UK as a good place to get them. I've bought tons of stuff from them and it always comes within a week (I'm on the East Coast in the U.S.). Their prices can't be beat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't own the wheels, but I can vouch for Ribble in the UK as a good place to get them. I've bought tons of stuff from them and it always comes within a week (I'm on the East Coast in the U.S.). Their prices can't be beat.
Unfortunately they don't sell the Bora Ultra 50 clinchers.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
I've used several sets of Campy alloy clinchers, and they have generally excellent construction, durability, and quality. Haven't used Bora, but they have many of the same internal components as their alloy clinchers, and so I'd expect same quality.

Only part I've had to replace is freehub, and those are readily available in US at OK prices ($50-60 with careful shopping).

Proprietary spokes, when used, are a negative -- difficult to find & high price. Rim replacement, if one is damaged, wil also be quite expensive.

has Campy embraced wider rim widths on Boras, yet?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I only have about 1k miles on my Boras but they feel as solid and stiff as my Shamals, which I have thousands of miles (I have them on 2 bikes).

Campy bearings are some of the best in the business and allow the wheel to really spin easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts