Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.williamscycling.com/
Wheel System 38
Zipp Pave Tubular Rims
? spokes
? hubs
Ceramic bearing
1195 a pair

Basically this wheel has everything that I want in a wheel.
But do I really want it. I can't decide, you tell me. Please - I am itching to pull the trigger and I have the SO's approval.

j

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
as a race day wheel for races with major climbs, would be pretty sweet wheels. Otherwise, I'd go for something with a deeper rim. If SO's approval/budget is major consideration, I'd have a serious look at Neuvation's c50 wheels. They are half the price ($600 for the pair!) and they have a great wheel replacement plan for another $70.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
stevesbike said:
as a race day wheel for races with major climbs, would be pretty sweet wheels. Otherwise, I'd go for something with a deeper rim. If SO's approval/budget is major consideration, I'd have a serious look at Neuvation's c50 wheels. They are half the price ($600 for the pair!) and they have a great wheel replacement plan for another $70.

No the Nuevation C50 FRONT wheel was $600, but currently on sale for $450. The insurance was $120 for the front wheel. The rear wheel is sold separately.
I like idea of the Williams 38. I'd do day to day riding on an aluminum wheel though, and take the williams out for fast club rides/races.

·
Domestic Drivin' E-Thug
1,060 Posts
Williams sponsors my team. They are amazing wheels. I have had the same set of 30s for almost 2 years now, and they are still perfectly true. Plus, Keith is awesome to work with and shows up at most of our races. You really can't go wrong.

I have been eyeing those 38s as well as a raceday only wheelset. I see them in person every other weekend, and they're awfully nice to look at. If you buy, I think it's impossible to find any remorse with this purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.