Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went on a short ride this morning. It was her first cold ride, 18 degrees F, and she did great. A local bar and restaurant had a Saturday deal of Bloody Mary's for .99 cents. I had just gotten off the graveyard shift and I was tired but we went for it anyway. Hope you guys enjoy, WE SURE DID!!

On the way:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

What a great sign:
#2 Where is everybody? We just opened!
#3 Only 99 cents!
#4 Mamossa $4.60 :eek:
#5 Tired feet

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even More

The ride home
#2 Traffic on 212
#3 Movin'
#4 All the bikers are sleeping
#5 "Don't drop my camera!"
#6 Just a little faster.
#7 One less car.
#8 Back home.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
So tell me exactly why you didn't invite us along???

MN Dan said:
My wife and I went on a short ride this morning. It was her first cold ride, 18 degrees F, and she did great. A local bar and restaurant had a Saturday deal of Bloody Mary's for .99 cents. I had just gotten off the graveyard shift and I was tired but we went for it anyway. Hope you guys enjoy, WE SURE DID!!

On the way:
I thought we were friends? ;)

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Looks like she was drinking a Mimosa! Looks like a fun ride. The sticker on your top tube, did that come standard with the bike, looks good!
Riding in the cold can be fun!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mimosa is right

zeytin said:
Looks like she was drinking a Mimosa! Looks like a fun ride. The sticker on your top tube, did that come standard with the bike, looks good!
Riding in the cold can be fun!
Mimosa is right. Should have checked my spelling.
It did not come standard I got it here http://www.1lesscar.com/news.htm
Great couple of guys and one girl. And they promote the "Ride your Bike" message the right way. My favorite is the Ride Free t-shirt. (But I can't figure out how to make it show up in this message-too many spam blockers)
Thanks
MN Dan

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a great time. I love riding with my lady, too.
IRO with fenders, very cool. Which of their frames is that?
Later,

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
MN Dan said:
We are friends, so next time you and Miss M can come along. ;) Last one there gets to buy the first round.
i've ridden with the M's. you're buying the first round, if Miss M has anything to do with it.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i've ridden with the M's. you're buying the first round, if Miss M has anything to do with it.
ps, wish there was somewhere around here i could ride for 9 am bloody marias (not mary's, i don't do much vodka) for a buck. YOWIE! i'd put 'em outta bidness!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
northcoast said:
Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a great time. I love riding with my lady, too.
IRO with fenders, very cool. Which of their frames is that?
Later,
Hi TY, It is the Jamie Roy frame. Personally, I think it's the best value out there. I liked some of the features on the Langster and Rush but the room for fenders wasn't very good. The IRO had it all at a super price. (Plus I always get to laugh when my non-biking friends try to sound out the letters I-R-O. "I've never heard of an eeerowww bike before.")
The tires you see are studded Nokian's model W106 700X35 and the fenders are 45mm SKS model P45. I never really liked fenders, but I do now! I spend 10% of the time I did before installing fenders cleaning up myself and the bike after nasty rides. It's funny to me how as I grow older the "cool" element doesn't factor into my choices as much as the "hassle/wasted time" element. Just like my legs remind me when I push to hard:"Hey boy, you ain't 16 no more."
See ya
MN Dan

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Looks like a fun ride, and I can't wait to get my IRO! I'm totally jealous right now!

I worked the graveyard shift for 2 years at my last job. There is a bar around here that opens up at 6am, and I'd hit that on ocassion with a friend or two. No such deal on the booze though. I'm a gin man myself though ;)

joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts